Are you a creative thinker who loves to be on the cutting edge, solving problems though innovative technology solutions? Are you passionate about customer strategy, digital design, marketing, and platform development? Our Customer & Marketing Offering Portfolio integrates the differentiated customer and marketing businesses that support the mission-critical goals of federal, state and local government agencies, and higher education institutions. By joining our team, you will play a vital role in making an impact for our clients and the people they serve through our growth strategy, enhanced user experiences, and engagement through the entire lifecycle of customers' interactions with the public sector.
Work you'll do
As a Design Strategist in our practice you will:
Utilize Human Centered and Service Design methodologies to support Government client initiatives and projects.
• Synthesize complex and varied information from numerous inputs into cohesive, compelling stories that are told through presentations, posters, videos, websites, and more
• Define and develop concepts and prototypes of products, services, and experiences at varying levels of fidelity to test with users and stakeholders
• Use interdisciplinary thinking to ground all ideas in research insights and design constraints. This includes different research practices like surveys, focus groups, and ethnographic research.
• Design and support engaging workshops with internal teams, clients, and other stakeholders.
• Be involved in all aspects of the design process , including field research, business model design, and launching and scaling solutions in-market
• Work with a diverse team of experts , including from Deloitte global network of industry and domain experts, to amplify the impact of your work
• Apply your expertise across industries and at multiple levels of ambition to hone your craft
• Support the development of client pitches and the development and of intellectual property often to non-designers
• Be part of a like-minded community of designers , local and global, with incredible opportunities for mentorship and career growth
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice - our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
In Customer Strategy & Applied Design we elevate the Human Experience. We help clients and account teams design innovative services and human experiences. A few examples of how we achieve this is by conducting ethnographic research, service blueprinting, and surveying customer segmentations.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 2+ years of experience as a Human Centered Designer or Service Designer
- 1+ years experience with prototyping, journey mapping, and/or service blueprinting
- 1+ years experience with different research practices such as ethnographic research, focus groups, surveys, and interviews.
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- Travel up to 50%
How you'll grow
- Familiar with Agile Project Management methodology
- Previous professional services or consulting experience
- Previous Government/Civil Design experience
- A strong portfolio demonstrating excellent command of composition, typography, color, and fundamental communication
- Experience in a traditional design discipline (Architecture, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Interaction Design)
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.