Field Service Engineer ( R-00067028 )
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next challenge?
We are in search of a Field Service Engineer in support of the Airborne Reconnaissance Low Enhanced (ARL-E) program located in Manassas, VA. ARL-E is a multi-year program supporting the U.S. Army with upgrading and enhancing the Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) capabilities of their airborne reconnaissance fleet. In this role, you will perform integration and maintenance of the Airborne ISR (AISR) system. The ARL-E team is geographically separated with primary duty locations of Manassas, VA and Aberdeen, MD. This position will be located in Manassas, VA. As the Field Service Engineer, you will report to the Integration Lead Engineer located in Aberdeen, MD.
The Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
- Integrate Mission Equipment Payloads into aircraft, perform system checkout and support the Test & Evaluation team throughout the Contractor Testing and system fielding.
- Assist leadership with the technical oversight, and day-to-day design, development, integration, and testing of a hardware and software system architecture to support the AISR system.
- Integrate airborne sensors and data links, manage integration processes, and have the ability to identify innovative solutions to extremely complex, multi-faceted technical problems.
- Integration of government and contractor primary mission equipment
- Test equipment and create/update documentation associated with integration activities
- Termination of system cables
- Performance of subsystem Integration Assembly Test and Checkout
- Troubleshooting to isolate system faults and perform repairs
WHAT SETS YOU APART (job qualifications)
- Bachelors degree in a related discipline with a minimum of 4 years of related work experience, or a Masters degree with a minimum of 2 years of related work experience; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Active Top Secret DoD level of clearance
- Civilian and/or military experience with AISR programs
- Possess strong troubleshooting, problem-solving, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project and Outlook)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule between day and night
- Up to 25% travel may be required to support activities at each of the primary duty locations as well as CONUS test ranges.
YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE (preferred)
- Knowledge of aircraft integration and operations
- Experience in formal testing and documentation to include Developmental Test and Evaluation (DT&E), Limited User Test (LUT), and Operational Test and Evaluation (OT&E)
- Experience with integrating networking hardware/software into ISR Ground Stations and Airborne Platforms
- Understanding of Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS) architecture
- Electro Optical, Infrared (EO/IR) sensor experience
- Full Motion Video (FMV) experience
- Hyperspectral Imagery (HSI) sensor experience
- Communications Intelligence (COMINT) sensor experience
- MX Series sensors (MX-15, MX-20)
- BIG GREEN
- ACES HY