BaaS - Integration Architecture Lead
This full-time Integration Architecture Lead role within Deloitte's Digital Banking Solutions offering will support Deloitte's Banking-as-a-Service (BaaS) asset. The Digital Banking Solutions team supports Deloitte's biggest investments in hybrid businesses from incubate and launch through scale execution.
Core Industry Solutions
Our Core Industry Solutions practice encompasses industry vertical, sector specific solutions that leverage distinct technologies to drive operational change and automate the core of the business. Examples of the type of work we deliver to our clients includes Digital CARE (Epic), Insurance CST (Guidewire), and Digital Banking Solutions (nCino), and BaaS.
The team brings experience from across Deloitte to leverage common approaches, best practices, and strategic investments to scale these solutions by industry strategy. Professionals will focus on key client issues that are at the core of the business by integrating our industry expertise with deep technical and operational transformation capabilities.
Deloitte's Banking-as-a-Service Offering
Built on the backs of our digital banking practice and decades supporting clients of all scale making the hard decisions of who to partner with, where to start, and how improve time to value. You can't solve today's challenges by focusing on single layer (experience, cloud, core) nor on a single vendor partner - so we've built an ecosystem solution that has the hard parts of integration, data standards, and core configuration already developed to enable banking solutions. We do this by plugging in fintech partners and existing capabilities (e.g., cards, BSA-AML.) from a single framework that allows our clients launch new propositions at speed.
Deloitte's BaaS practice is always innovating and pushing next gen banking capabilities for our clients. We are looking for an Integration Architecture Lead to technically drive the development of our BaaS platform by driving work across engineering teams to design, build, and deliver digital infrastructure to clients. You'll be partnering with the client and associated 3rd party vendors to build the core foundation, pipelines, and infrastructure of our BaaS solution throughout the development cycles of designing, testing, deploying, and maintaining IT infrastructure. Additionally, you'll be providing thought leadership around architecture best practices, and helping the engineering teams fully embrace ownership of their applications and services.
Work you'll do
This is an exciting opportunity to tackle a wide range of complex challenges and responsibilities and gain access to the world of cutting-edge frontier in the financial services industry through Deloitte's BaaS. Some core activities you will own as an Integration Architecture Lead within BaaS's team include:
• 10+ years demonstrated expertise designing, implementing, and supporting Enterprise-grade digital solutions meeting complex business requirements
• Integration architecture experience with Spring or other solutions including, Mulesoft IBM, BEA, Oracle, Tibco, Progress Sonic, Kafka etc.
• Experience with Cloud Native Open Source architectures and/or past contributions to Open Source projects
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong cognitive ability especially with respect to understanding, documenting, and describing complex technical subjects
• Experience designing public and private enterprise secure services using OPEN API standards and REST based APIs
• Familiarity with AWS/GCP/Azure/Pivotal CLI and SDK tools.
• Experience designing and building cloud native digital solutions from the ground-up
• Experience w/ complex integrations in hybrid models with non-cloud technologies and third-party vendor products/services
• Software development experience in building microservices and using any frameworks such as springboot, quarkus or micronaut.
• Experience in building container-based service deployments using CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, Spinnaker etc.) and orchestration platform with knowledge around service mesh architecture such as Istio etc.
• Someone who has worked in or supported clients in Banking; understands the basics of industry solutions and excited about the potential to reimagine and disrupt legacy
• Lead your team and mentor team members
• Banking, FinTech, or direct financial services operations experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science from a fully-accredited college or university or equivalent experience
• 7+ years programming experience
• Experience implementing and supporting on-premise and SaaS enterprise applications
• Experience with network administration and wireless troubleshooting
• Experience with automation and scripting
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment
• Experience with cloud infrastructure services such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud
• Proficiency in scripting languages such as Python and Java
• In-depth knowledge into container technology, infrastructure as code, and cloud-based engineering practices (e.g., Kubernetes)
• Extensive knowledge in designing platform architecture
• Understanding of relational databases and ORMs
• Agile-based project development in a microservices environment
• Knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD)
• Affinity for solving problems and shipping impactful features, not polishing perfect code or architecture
• Travel up to 50% (while 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice).
• Experience with Tomcat, XML, JMS, WS-*, SOA integration, API Management technologies and standards
• Bachelor's degree in CS or equivalent industry experience
• Experience delivering in scrum, agile, and other modern development methodologies
• Design, development and operations experience with highly-available, scalable, and fault tolerant systems
• Experience profiling and troubleshooting Java application code
*Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.