Customer Service Representative - Mortgage Origination (Part Time) ( R-00067307 )
If you are a mortgage professional and enjoy working where you can make a difference helping homeowners, homebuyers, and members of the lending industry, this may be the right opportunity for you.
Leidos is currently seeking Customer Service/Contact Center Specialists in Albuquerque, NM to support the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Office of Single-Family Housing in their mission to create strong, sustainable, inclusive communities and quality affordable homes for all.
You will be able to expand your knowledge of Federal Housing Administration (FHA) mortgage policies and procedures while enjoying excellent Leidos benefits and a flexible, part time schedule Monday through Friday. This could be a great opportunity for mortgage professionals who want to reduce their work hours as they transition into retirement or for those who want to spend more time with family or pursue an advanced education.
Come join our rapidly growing team and enjoy these benefits:
- The potential to Work at Home during COVID-19 and possibly beyond, based on your performance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) accrued based on Leidos policy
- Ten paid holidays per year
- Access to benefits on day one including medical and dental insurance, 401K, Life, AD&D, Voluntary Disability plans
- Ongoing training to support your success
- Discounted Leidos stock purchase and other Employee Discounts
This position is covered under the Service Contract Act and is subject to minimum wage requirements as well as the minimum Health and Welfare benefit. Leidos will ensure that all provisions are met through their wages and benefits.
On the job, you will:
- Provide excellent customer service, responding to a variety of calls and emails from the lending industry and the public on FHA guidelines.
- Use a knowledge base and follow standard operating procedures (SOP) to respond to requests.
- Document your communications in our database.
- Keep up to date on FHA mortgage processes and procedures.
- High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate.
- Three (3) years of mortgage experience with a minimum of two (2) years of college OR 5 years of mortgage experience in lieu of college.
- At least one year of experience in loan origination (e.g., loan processor, junior underwriter, loan officer).
- Minimum of two (2) years of customer service, call center, or contact center experience.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Security clearance, which includes a credit check and background investigation.
- Ability to follow policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Ability to navigate a content management system, other applications and related web sites.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service, dependability and time management skills.
- Keyboarding proficiency of at least 40 words per minute.
Other Preferred Quals
- Bilingual (Spanish/English), verbal and written.