Customer Service Administrator (2113555)
The Evaluation Systems group of Pearson offers dynamic teacher licensing and performance assessment solutions. Our custom teacher licensure testing programs are 100 percent aligned to state standards. We also provide a wide variety of teacher licensure testing services such as test development, administration, and scoring. We work in a collaborative environment and are passionate about education.
Pearson VUE is a business of Pearson, the world's leading learning company with global-reach and market-leading businesses. Pearson is listed on both the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO).
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is a member of the Customer Contact Center. The CSR is responsible for responding to a high volume of inquiries about the company’s products or services by following standard scripts, policies, and procedures. The CSR takes inbound calls, LiveChat, and/or emails from examinees and others regarding teacher certification programs, website issues, complaints, etc.
- Trained in and proficient in responding to inquiries across many programs. At a minimum, 10 programs and at least two communication channels.
- Identify customer needs and expectations
- Responsible for promptly and accurately addressing customer inquiries using various systems and resources (computer systems, published materials, and websites)
- Serve as primary contact for inbound customer issues. Escalate more technical product-related issues to the proper Product Support department.
- Track and document inbound support requests using established Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and ensure proper notation of customer problems or issues. Update customer information and ensure accurate entry of contact information.
- Maintain quality service by following established policies and procedures
- Ensure proper security procedures are followed on all customer interactions
Education and experience
- High School diploma, or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Previous customer service experience, prefer 1 -3 years
- Experience with a call center management phone system
Skills, knowledge and abilities
- Knowledge of organization’s products, services, and business operations
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Word and Excel), PC operations, web browsing, and web navigation
- Demonstrate excellent time management, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and good listening skills
- Experience with LiveChat a plus
Pearson offers a generous benefits package that includes:
- Salary: $15.00 per hour
- Paid sick time, 10 observed holidays and vacation allotments
- Medical, Dental, Life insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, and 401K Retirement package
- Hybrid work options that include work from home, with Pearson supplied hardware and support. (employees are responsible for securing reliable internet)
- This position also has the potential for an annual bonus
Normal business hours are Monday - Friday, 8 am - 8 pm, and Saturday 8:45 am - 5:15 pm.
A regular schedule will be determined with the manager based on the needs of the business.
We provide ongoing training and development of skills for each individuals success and their personal growth within the position. This with a focus on soft skills and cross departmental functions.
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here:
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Job: CUSTOMER SERVICE
Organization: Assessments VUE
Req ID: 2113555