BaaS - Senior Solution Architect
This full-time Senior Solution Architect role within Deloitte's Digital Banking Solutions offering will lead Deloitte's Banking-as-a-Service (BaaS) asset build out and client delivery. The Digital Banking Solutions team supports Deloitte's biggest investments in hybrid businesses from incubate and launch through scale execution.
Core Industry Solutions
Our Core Industry Solutions practice encompasses industry vertical, sector specific solutions that leverage distinct technologies to drive operational change and automate the core of the business. Examples of the type of work we deliver to our clients includes Digital CARE (Epic), Insurance CST (Guidewire), and Digital Banking Solutions (nCino), and BaaS.
The team brings experience from across Deloitte to leverage common approaches, best practices, and strategic investments to scale these solutions by industry strategy. Professionals will focus on key client issues that are at the core of the business by integrating our industry expertise with deep technical and operational transformation capabilities.
Deloitte's Banking-as-a-Service Offering
Built on the backs of our digital banking practice and decades supporting clients of all scale making the hard decisions of who to partner with, where to start, and how improve time to value. You can't solve today's challenges by focusing on single layer (experience, cloud, core) nor on a single vendor partner - so we've built an ecosystem solution that has the hard parts of integration, data standards, and core configuration already developed to enable banking solutions. We do this by plugging in fintech partners and existing capabilities (e.g., cards, BSA-AML.) from a single framework that allows our clients launch new propositions at speed.
Deloitte's BaaS offering is always innovating and pushing next gen banking capabilities for our clients. We are looking for a Senior Solution Architect to technically drive the development and delivery of our BaaS platform by driving work across engineering teams to design, build, and deliver digital banking solutions to clients. You'll be partnering with the client and associated 3rd party vendors to build the core foundation, pipelines, and infrastructure of our BaaS solution throughout the development cycles of designing, testing, deploying, and maintaining IT architecture. Additionally, you'll be providing thought leadership around architecture best practices, and helping the engineering teams fully embrace ownership of their applications and services.
Work you'll do:
The Senior Solution Architect will be part of the BaaS product leadership team working across BaaS solutions. BaaS is committed to shaping and delivering the future for financial prosperity across the banking, capital markets, and insurance sectors. BaaS is part of Deloitte Consulting's Converge portfolio, which is the innovation and product development arm committed to building hybrid businesses from incubate and launch through scale execution.
We are looking for a Senior Solution Architect to work with the integrated product teams to advise on the architecture of the product suite and ensure solutions work together within and across BaaS. This is an exciting opportunity to tackle a wide range of complex challenges and responsibilities and gain access to the world of cutting-edge technology in the financial services industry. Some core experience / activities you will own include:
- 10+ years demonstrated expertise designing, implementing, and supporting Enterprise-grade digital solutions meeting complex business requirements
- 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of cloud technologies and platforms
- Banking, FinTech, or direct financial services operations experience
- Deep experience in building products using cloud-based platforms. Ability to build applications using cloud native services/technologies is a must.
- Solution architecture experience with Spring or other solutions including, Mulesoft IBM, BEA, Oracle, Tibco, Progress Sonic, Kafka etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong cognitive ability especially with respect to understanding, documenting, and describing complex technical subjects
- Familiarity with AWS/GCP/Azure/Pivotal CLI and SDK tools.
- Experience designing and building cloud native digital solutions from the ground-up
- Experience w/ complex integrations in hybrid models with non-cloud technologies and third-party vendor products/services
- Software development experience in building microservices and using any frameworks such as springboot, quarkus or micronaut.
- Someone who has worked in or supported clients in Banking sectors; understands the basics of industry solutions and excited about the potential to reimagine and disrupt legacy systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science from a fully-accredited college or university or equivalent experience
- 7+ years programming experience
- Experience implementing and supporting on-premise and SaaS enterprise applications
- Experience with network administration and wireless troubleshooting
- Experience with automation and scripting
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with cloud infrastructure services such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Python and Java
- In-depth knowledge into container technology, infrastructure as code, and cloud-based engineering practices (e.g., Kubernetes)
- Extensive knowledge in designing platform architecture
- Understanding of relational databases and ORMs
- Agile-based project development in a microservices environment
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD)
- Affinity for solving problems and shipping impactful features, not polishing perfect code or architecture
- Ability to travel 50%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Experience with Tomcat, XML, JMS, WS-*, SOA integration, API Management technologies and standards
- Experience delivering in scrum, agile, and other modern development methodologies
- Design, development and operations experience with highly-available, scalable, and fault tolerant systems
- Experience profiling and troubleshooting Java application code
*Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.