Customer Service Operations Support Administrator (461)
We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment, powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for processing high volumes of transactions for State Regulatory Agency Licensing and Certification Programs and for providing general operational and clerical support. The Customer Service Operations Support Administrator executes the application process in accordance with the business rules established by the respective state/regulatory agency or department. This includes application processing that may include license issuance, ensuring educational requirements are met, scheduling exams, scoring exams and guiding/assisting candidates and licensees via written and oral communication.
The Customer Service Representative works as the initial contact and information source for candidates and producers and provides customer service to external stakeholders and operational and clerical support to the staff and leadership team.
Qualifications - Internal
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One (1) year of experience in a high-volume processing environment and one (1) year of customer service experience preferred
- Strong data entry experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills - both oral and written
- Strong customer service skills
- Problem solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Great attention to detail
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to work within a team
- Good multi-tasking skills
- Ability to handle escalations or urgent items as assigned
- Capability to independently identify issues and produce resolution
- Effective time management skills to ensure assignments are completed and properly documented
- Interpersonal savvy and ability to influence and relate to others
Participate in required employee trainings: Data Protection and Privacy for Pearson VUE; Preventing Sexual Harassment; and Pearson Code of Business Conduct
Our ideal candidate demonstrates teamwork, with the availability to work an assigned eight (8) work hour shift plus a 30 minute or one (1) hour unpaid lunch break between the hours of 6:00AM and 5:00PM Monday - Friday. Candidate must be open to flexible scheduling. Schedule changes, when necessary, will be communicated no less than two weeks in advance.
The anticipated starting hourly wage for Colorado-based individuals expressing interest in this position is $17. This position is not eligible to participate in an annual incentive program.
Benefits available to eligible employees can be seen at: https://pearsonbenefitsus.com/
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES60% Application Analysis/Processing
- Analyzes application information and documentation for licensure/certification to ensure compliance with business rules set forth by the regulatory agency
- Requires thorough knowledge of the business rules for a multitude of services and license types, including but not limited to:
- Insurance Programs: individual and agency continuation, individual and agency new license application processing, miscellaneous requests, appointment processing and application certification.
- Nurse Aide Programs: analysis and processing of all incoming applications, and scheduling of candidate exams
- Cosmetology Programs: preparation of test materials, scoring of the skills portion of the exam, grievance processing and site scheduling.
- First point of contact for applicant/candidate/producer/agent information
- Provides accurate and thorough information to the customer base through both verbal and written communication
- Must retain an in-depth knowledge of business rules set forth by the respective state/regulatory agency to accurately guide candidates, applicants and licensees
- Includes miscellaneous operational duties and clerical support
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job: CUSTOMER SERVICE
Organization: Assessments VUE
Req ID: 461