Visible CXO Head of Customer Experience & Design ( 575927-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
A little about Visible:
Named one of Fast Company’s most innovative companies and Adweek’s Challenger Brand of the Year, Visible is a three-year old company that is centered on reimagining what wireless shouldbe: simple, accessible, and inclusive. Visible is the first digital-only wireless carrier in the US, which means we provide exquisite service and focus on making everything about wireless easy, passing the savings from no stores, no call centers, and no paper bills to our members. We have built our member experience around communities and challenging the traditional family plan model in the industry - and we’re having a lot of fun doing it.
Visible is headquartered in Denver, CO, and the team is growing rapidly. We are a team of passionate people building the future of mobile phone service from ground up. No single day will feel the same, and change is the only constant. If you love all of that, plus the challenge of delivering the best experience to our customers in the simplest ways (and knowing that simple requires a lot of work behind-the-scenes), check us out at https://visible.com. We are Visible.
Visible is a division of Verizon and powered by Verizon’s award-winning networks, but operates uniquely inside the larger entity. A “startup with suspenders,” taking all the best elements of startup scrappiness with a mind toward disruption, innovation, and culture, and leveraging the assets and benefits of the larger corporation’s backing. We like to think of it as best of both worlds. Much like we are remaking wireless in blending the lines between prepaid and postpaid, and between the value and premium markets.
Visible’s CXO/Head of Customer Experience & Design will lead the end-to-end customer journey, responsible for optimizing design and execution across all our digital experiences and customer care operations. As a digital-only carrier, our experiences are all through our web experience and app, and this role will own how our prospects and members order, receive, pay, and manage their Visible service to optimize acquisition, retention, and NPS, all while retaining and growing our unique brand identity as a disrupter and challenger to the standard wireless carrier experiences. The Director will work across the entire company, including our executive team and our partners within Verizon, and operate with an insights-led and consumer-centric approach to our user experience design and CX. The CXO is a key member of the executive team who will drive impact for the business by building seamless experiences for our products and services to build loyalty and brand advocacy.
This is a full-time position based in Denver, CO, or in Basking Ridge, NJ.
The Visible CXO is a cool position that gets to do all this:
- Lead Visible’s E2E customer experience strategy and our UX design system, optimizing and transforming all customer journeys and investments. Leverage analytics and insights to develop a deep understanding of customer behaviors and desires, and ensure these are translated into product concepts and design.
- Drive next gen CX innovation, thought leadership, as well as effective journey map processes for all new services and products and addressing any current gaps in the customer experience.
- Collaborative partnering across with our commercial strategy, engineering, and marketing organizations to drive ideas from conception through execution and evaluation, with the goal of creating brand-defining experiences, disruptive market positioning, and flawless user engagement experiences.
- Lead UX design, creating both the design systems and taxonomies for all parts of the organization to employ.
- Through our digital user experience and taxonomy, amplify and enhance brand identity and reputation as being transformative and fun, while being radically simple.
- Develop new benefits and services to improve the end-to-end customer journey, based on journey analytics. Oversee the practice of ideation and prototyping experiences and features to address customer pain points and developing the business case for execution/scale up. Pilot and execute solutions and improve processes through a cross-functional execution engine comprising the customer experience team, process owners, commercial product managers and others.
- Ensure customer experience best practices across the stakeholder groups, and own NPS reporting and improvement strategies. Drive transformation to a customer-centric culture, incorporating measurable performance indicators across the journeys and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Manage projects and experiences through design development, prototyping, production, and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Build an industry-leading customer experience and design organization. Recruit, manage and mentor a growing team of more than 25 professionals.
- Facilitate and inspire creative concepting. Challenge designers to responsibly push the boundaries during concept phases.
- Develop a department budget for measurement, and test-and-learn projects, and manage within expectations.
What we’re looking for...
You’re wildly creative and see what others cannot.
You’re bold. You’re willing to take big risks, to reap even bigger rewards.
You’re a passionate leader and team builder. You have a knack for identifying and developing talent, and an eye for future leaders.
You’re entrepreneurial. You love trying new things, and being challenged in new ways.
You are energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive - a team leader who can lead both strategic and tactical initiatives.
You have gravitas with all levels of management and the ability to communicate complex concepts in a manner that is understood by audience.
You’re results driven. You are good at putting a laser focus on building an organization that not only meets, but exceeds, the needs of a rapidly scaling business and delivers measurable financial results.
You are an exceptional leader, and have skills others are jealous of for decision-making, problem-solving and communications.
You have a high comfort level with ambiguity and fluidity and can make decisions in a rapidly changing environment, while achieving quality results.
- BA and/or equivalent experience; MBA and/or technical degree is preferred
- 8+ years of marketing leadership experience; experience in a CMO/Head of Marketing role at a consumer or eCommerce brand is preferred
- Experience building and scaling a consumer brand nationally (or globally)
- Experience establishing clear and effective metrics and a measurement framework to approach marketing channels and investment strategy, including COA/COR and marketing ROI
- Experience utilizing digital and offline channels and tools to build a brand, member base, and community-driven business growth
- Experience building integrated marketing framework and messaging strategy, and communicating and socializing to the entire organization
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.