Field Service Technician- Baltimore, MD (R462207)
Stryker is driven to work together with our customers to make healthcare better. In order to fulfill our commitment as a federal contractor, while focusing on the health and safety of our employees and those that we serve, Stryker is encouraging US employees as well as all new US employees joining our company to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Today or in the future, vaccination may be a requirement based on the essential functions of the specific role or applicable regulations. Please refer to our COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements FAQs page for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements and timelines.Why join Stryker?
We are proud to be named one the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.Why customer service at Stryker?
Are you interested in making a difference in healthcare by assisting sales reps and building relationships with customers? As a member of our customer services team, that is exactly what you will do! Here, you will be a part of a dynamic and supportive team that provides solutions to our customers in their time of need.
- Performs field service of Stryker Communications product line installed at the customer site
- Troubleshoots and repairs complex technical issues
- Maintains quality records post servicing of equipment performs quality checks on Stryker Communications product line post service
- Will work independently with guidance and tasking from Team Lead and/or RISM.
- Follows written procedures for troubleshooting and maintenance of mechanical electrical and electronic systems
- Documents process of technical support form initiation of call through problem resolution of situation including all quality records involved.
- Interacts with Operations and R&D to solve complex issues
- Keeps team members and supervisor informed of issues requiring FDA notification and MDR reporting.
- Responsible for compliance with standard written procedures and quality documentation of company policies and procedures of the Technical Support department.
- May conduct training for new hire personnel and on site hospital bio medical and nursing staff
- Interacts with customers with regard to post market surveillance activities.
- Responsible for staying current with all ComplianceWire training with none past due.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Has the independence and authority to perform required tasks to ensure all provisions of the quality system are met.
- Able to routinely make a decision which may affect immediate operation and have a company- wide impact.
- Heavy work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Must be able to review printed materials.
- Must have demonstrated fine motor skills.
- Must be able to use sophisticated test and office computer equipment (e.g. calculator, PC, telephone, Broadcast test and measurement equipment etc.)
- Ability to work with large pieces of equipment.
Skills / Experience Required
2 year installation or production line experience with Stryker Communications or 2-3 years industry experience with relevant field service experience.
Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
Must be able to communicate effectively with surgeons, hospital staff, nurses and biomedical personnel
Ability to prioritize issues.
Functional with Microsoft Office including Excel, and Word
Ability to learn new systems and technologies quickly
Basic electronic and mechanical aptitude
Skilled at cable termination of all standard digital and analog industry connectors.
Knowledge of video, audio and data communications systemsKnowledge of OR etiquette and basic hospital procedure
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/About Stryker
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com