Field Service Engineer - Baltimore, MD (R461633)
Stryker is driven to work together with our customers to make healthcare better. In order to fulfill our commitment as a federal contractor, while focusing on the health and safety of our employees and those that we serve, Stryker is encouraging US employees as well as all new US employees joining our company to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Today or in the future, vaccination may be a requirement based on the essential functions of the specific role or applicable regulations. Please refer to our COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements FAQs page for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements and timelines.Why join Stryker?
We are proud to be named one the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.Why customer service at Stryker?
Are you interested in making a difference in healthcare by assisting sales reps and building relationships with customers? As a member of our customer services team, that is exactly what you will do! Here, you will be a part of a dynamic and supportive team that provides solutions to our customers in their time of need.
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and is dedicated to helping healthcare professionals perform their jobs more efficiently while enhancing patient care. Stryker offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives.
We are currently seeking a Field Service Engineer to join Stryker’s AIRO-CT Scanner Systems Team in Maryland.
As the Field Service Engineer, you will be responsible for independently scheduling and performing on-site installation, maintenance and repair of highly complex medical equipment and software systems.
Who we want
Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
Dedicated achievers. People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
Customer-oriented achievers. Representatives with an unparalleled work ethic and customer-focused attitude who bring value to their partnerships
What you will do
- Coordinate and execute, installation, inspection, maintenance, and repair of AIRO-CT Scanner Systems both in-house, and in the field. When in the field, working with customers and local sales representatives to provide timely and effective customer service.
- Develop and maintain expertise in the existing generations of the AIRO-CT Scanner System.
- Provide positive interaction with customers during performance of installations, warranty and service repairs, upgrades, field actions, preventive maintenance visits, and equipment trials to turn every encounter into a relationship-building experience.
- Assist in the development of and provide training on the AIRO-CT Scanner System for prospective external field service technicians as well as customer account biomedical personnel.
- Provide internal support for the field service business through intermediate projects and assignments, including, but not limited to cost reductions and new product launches.
- Assist in the drafting of Service Bulletins and other repair related documentation, as well as the development of repair procedures and fixtures to improve the quality and efficiency of field service.
- Identifies gaps in current process or procedure; initiates, supports, and leads improvement initiatives to improve overall service quality.
- Provides developmental coaching and guidance to junior team members in the areas of task management, communication, and adhering to company polices.
What you need
- 2+ years technical field service with X-ray equipment or equivalent experience
- Associates in an Engineering discipline preferred
Additionally, you will need
- Excellent computer networking and software skills.
- Excellent technical skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Medium Work: Exerting up to 85 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or a medium amount of force constantly to move/drive objects.
- Coordination of eye, hand and foot movement with an ability to grasp by hand and meet cognitive demands to include visual and auditory discrimination / memory, reading ability and memory retention ability
- Exercise discretion and independence when applying professional expertise.
- Must be able to manage time, projects, stress and conflict.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills including written and oral communication.
- Must be able to bring tasks through to completion with minimal supervision.
- Must have the ability to prioritize work and keep detailed and confidential records.
- Must be able to communicate / present to large groups of people.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/About Stryker
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com