Retail Customer Service Specialist ( 585788-1A )
When you join Verizon
Join today and be eligible for a $1,500 sign-on bonus!*
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
We are looking for people who want to be a part of an exciting and brand new type of retail concept that will lead the way in digital self-serve experiences. Verizon Express Store is a new retail store, built for the customers who want a quick and easy solution to their need through digital self-serve tools. As a Retail Specialist, you will use your outstanding interpersonal skills and passion for technology to create the ultimate in-store experience. You will utilize knowledge of Verizon and the digital self-serve tools available to the customer to make it simple for our customers to do business with us, and ensure every interaction is a positive one.
- Welcoming and introducing customers to store features while familiarizing them to the new store design.
- Inspiring and exciting customers to engage in our digital, self-serve options and fielding any questions to improve their experiences.
- Providing our customers with a basic understanding of the functionality and the value of our products and our accessories.
- Supporting daily business operations, including picking and packing customer digital orders, managing inventory, and auditing cash receipts daily.
- Empowering customers with the knowledge and tools they need to maximize their experience when using their devices.
- Managing opening and closing of store.
Verizon has earned spots on the Working Mother 100 Best Companies, Best Companies for Multicultural Women lists, the Diversity Best Practices Inclusion Index and the top 10 Best for Vets Employers. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness.
Being surrounded by great technology is the start. Being surrounded by great people makes it even better. Thousands of locations, millions of connections. Embark on a Retail Specialist career with Verizon.
Verizon offers a competitive salary plus great benefits including 401k and educational assistance that start day one and you’ll:
Our technologies, and our customers’ needs, are always evolving. You’ll be at the forefront of the tech world’s latest trends.
Create a path for success.
We believe in lifelong learning, and provide award-winning training also from day one. Our investment is in you and your success at Verizon.
* External candidates for this role may be eligible for a $1,500 sign-on bonus, paid after three months of employment, subject to the terms and conditions of the bonus agreement.
What we’re looking for...
You’re curious about new technologies and the future of retail. You enjoy tackling problems and resolving customer concerns. Providing a great customer experience is personally rewarding for you. People trust you - you form relationships and credibility quickly. You’re no stranger to a fast-paced environment, and you can adapt to changing priorities with ease.
You’ll need to have:
- High school diploma or GED.
- One or more years of work experience.
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Associate’s degree.
- Customer experience.
- Retail operations experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).