Service Desk Technician (38281)
Amentum is currently seeking a Service Desk Technician to support an IT Managed Services program for the Department of Energy. The overall program includes a 500+ work force performing Enterprise IT support, Service Desk, and Telecommunications support across multiple facilities and locations, for classified and unclassified telecommunications and information technology (IT) systems for National Technology and Engineering Solutions of Sandia (NTESS).
The position is part of a centralized service desk and related roles are tied to specific networking/telecom functions. The centralized service desk is the entry point and owner of first tiers of support (based on Information Technology Infrastructure Library’s [ITIL®] definition of tiers). Requests are received via phone calls, emails, chats, and web submittals.
The service desk is responsible for (1) delivering remote IT support by creating, maintaining, and using knowledge articles and (2) performing basic troubleshooting to resolve, capture, report, or route incidents and requests. Some of the service desk's functions are replicated in the network/telecom areas.
The responsibility of a Service Desk Technician is to provide in-depth procedural & technical computer end-user support with the highest level of customer satisfaction. Support will be provided using inbound phone calls, inbound chat, inbound & outbound email, instant messaging or other tools as assigned & available. In some cases, the technician will dispatch service requests & escalate issues to appropriate points of contact defined within the support organization. The technician will be capable & effective in promoting internal education.
- Resolve basic issues remotely that have been reported by the customer. Upon completing additional training, you will move to resolve more complex issues.
- Provide comprehensive Phone & Chat Support for the efficient resolution of incidents & requests of end-users.
- Partner with other IT teams in the development, testing & implementation of commercially & internally developed solutions
- Upon completing additional training, assist in various scopes of the Service Desk as needed by the business. Resolve more complex hardware & software problems utilizing this additional training & expertise.
- Assist the IT Field Techs & cross-functional teams, in the resolution of IT related issues for all supported platforms.
- Efficiently & accurately identify the customer’s specific information.
- Appropriately document all required information into the ticketing system & the knowledge-base.
- Resolve service requests or issues as appropriate on the first point of contact or within the specified time-line.
- Meet required productivity expectations, including Service Center metrics.
- Route & Dispatch the service request to the appropriate IT support group or next level Tech, for resolution, if the problem cannot be handled within defined time constraints.
- Maintain & contribute to the in-house knowledge-base; Analyze content of resolved tickets & promote information to knowledge-base articles as appropriate, while keeping knowledge-base articles current.
- Possess the capacity to work independently & effectively while maintaining positive productivity levels.
- Maintain a positive relationship with fellow peers, cross functional teams & leadership.
- Participate in After-Hours Support rotations, as needed (on call).
- Other duties assigned as necessary.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have a High School Diploma / GED and 3 years of experience.
- Ability to obtain a SECRET or DOE L clearance and to maintain it for the life of the contract.
- Two plus year(s) of PC support, diagnostic/troubleshooting, & repair experience is required.
- Must have a working knowledge of PC operations which include: Hardware, network settings, operating system, & MS Office applications.
- Intermediate to expert virtual desk expertise (related to equipment connectivity for computing customer).
- Ability to type 35 WPM.
- Demonstrated experience with Mac Operating Systems and hardware.
- Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related discipline.
- Any Technical Certifications, ie: A+, NET+, ACMT, Microsoft Fundamentals, etc.
- ITIL v4 Foundations Certification.
- Ability to type 50+ WPM.
- Current SECRET or DOE L clearance