Service Operations Manager ( 578439-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Your focus will be supporting Professional Services as it relates to Service Operations. The role requires the individual to lead and liaison across Sales, Resource Management, Professional Services and all supporting organizations to ensure order fulfillment and activation. The role serves as the Single Point of Contact for the Sales Team during order submission and activation. Additionally this role will need a deep understanding of the pre-sales/post-contract flow and associated processes required to drive a customer solution to ensure timely completion of orders and implement best practices.
Your focus will be leading the order and project activation process end-to-end for Professional Services. You will lead the project briefing motion with Resource and Project Management to communicate delivery goals and expectations and ensure that projects are provisioned and activation ready.
- Leads end-to-end global order fulfillment from submission through order-entry to activation. Manages timelines for new orders and ensures orders are completed by expected due date, contractual commitments and SLA’s.
- Provides project briefing motions upon order activation and collaboration with Professional Services Project Management and Resource Management to ensure project start up.
- Creates and leads centralized vendor engagement for third-party vendors as it relates to contractual engagement, project setup, and provisioning activities.
- Communicates and coordinates with Professional Services Leadership.
- Leads VzB cross-functional teams to take preventative and corrective action on order-related processes and issues and escalate as required to ensure customer and delivery start-date expectations are achieved.
- Partners with and leads various initiatives with supporting organizations such as IT, Finance, Product, Operations, and Services as they relate to Service Operations.
- Manages monthly revenue contributions as it relates to Service Operations and project activation.
- Deploys regular training to internal Professional Services and VBG stakeholders at appropriate intervals, continually iterating to maximize the effectiveness of Service Operations enhancements.
- Manages Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for Service Operations related to order management, service setup and activation.
- Maintains ongoing Service Operations Improvement Plan for key performance metrics at risk.
- Owns of the quality and accuracy of all requests and minimizing business disruption.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Global Enterprise Clients & operations.
- Knowledge of Strategy Formulation, Translation, and Execution; Business Process Management.
- Knowledge of Complex Integrated Solutions.
- Prior experience with Strategic Partners and supplier management.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (e.g. Sales, Professional Services, Finance, and Operations).
- Experience in VzB systems for client engagement, order and delivery systems.
- Project / Program Management experience.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Even better if you have:
- MBA, Advanced Degree.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office product suite, including PowerPoint, Excel & Word.
- Technical and Service Operations skills in Professional Services Security, Intelligent Networking and Advanced Communications.
- Strong leadership skills, cross functional collaboration, and significant project and process management skills.
- Organizational, verbal & written communication & presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and capabilities.
- ITIL Foundations v3 Certification / Advanced ITIL Certifications.
- Experience & Trained in Project / Program Management, Certification.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).