REMOTE Part Time Inside Sales Acct Representative ($500 sign on bonus, classes starting in November) (100796)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to 15 million people in 46 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help make sure we keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Join this growing team! This is a full time role with excellent benefits at a stable company. An Account Representative represents both Pivotal Home Solutions and the client(s). A Sales Account Representative is responsible for selling home warranty and energy related products and services in a blended environment handling both inbound and outbound sales calls. Account Representatives will work closely with supervisors and coaches to meet quality assurance guidelines for professionalism, sales techniques and customer engagement. No cold calling!Key Accountabilities
- Sell home warranty and energy-related products and services to residential and commercial customers following quality standards, scripting processes and procedures as trained and documented in the company policy and procedure manual.
- Perform utility start and transfer service following designated utility standards.
- Navigate systems efficiently and enter data accurately while resolving customer needs
- Maintain thorough understanding and knowledge of utility move and transfer processes and the benefits of our suite of products and services
- Communicate and comprehend the product and service sales process when following up with customers on enrollment errors
- Reflect our company Values and contributes to our positive, results-driven culture
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and patience while interacting with customers, peers, management, and other departments. Comfortable with receiving coaching feedback and monitoring of calls.
- Take personal responsibility, exploring opportunities to add value, contributing ideas and participating in activities to continuously improve customer satisfaction and productivity.
- Create and maintain personal/team sales goals daily, weekly, monthly.
- Maintain and exceed client and customer expectations through professional telephone interaction on inbound and outbound calls.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to promoting and providing exceptional customer service
• Proficient typing and computer application skills (minimum of 40 wpm)
• Strong attention to detail with ability to multi task while speaking with a customer on the phone.
• Easily adapt to change while balancing multiple priorities
• Ability to work a continuously flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays with punctuality and consistent work attendance. Current hours of operation are 6:00 am – 7:00 pm Monday – Friday and 6:00 am – 5:00 pm Saturday
• Motivation for sales, adhering to set computer guided scripts and procedures
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills, effective listening skills, and ability to identify needs through phone conversation
• Knowledge or familiarity with HVAC equipment and standard concepts
• Knowledge or familiarity with Home warranty and services concepts
• Proven track record of exceeding quotas and business goals
• Proven ability to work successfully in a results-oriented environment
• Bilingual (Spanish)
• Ability to handle a high call volume environment while maintaining high performance.
Required: High School or GED
Preferred: Associate Degree, some college courses
• 1 year experience in Sales or Customer Service
• Previous work experience in a fast paced Call Center environment
• Experience accurately capturing details of phone conversation on paper and in a computer application.
• Experience with direct or suggestive selling
- Account Representatives may sit or stand, but are required to remain at their desks except for scheduled lunch and breaks.
- Office Environment
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.