Supervisor, Customer Compliance (Regulatory) (100985)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to 15 million people in 46 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help make sure we keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for American Water to evaluate decisions about new regulations, reintegration, and safe operating practices, all employees are required to report their vaccination status.Primary Role
Job title should read Supervisor, Customer Compliance. Monitors and manages the daily activities of assigned Customer Compliance personnel in accordance with Company policies and procedures and all applicable governmental laws and regulations.Key Accountabilities
- Analyzes, researches, and resolves complex issues involving customer complaints, ensuring that all regulatory requirements are consistently met. (20%)
- Supports the CSC and regional FRCC by identifying areas for improvement and providing and implementing locally solutions to increase customer service and operational efficiency, effectiveness and profitability. (20%)
- Interacts with back office personnel in various departments to affect activities including service order completion and follow up, regulatory compliant response, local operational complaint resolution, and effective local customer communications. (15%)
- Contributes to effective communication by listening and providing constructive feedback; supporting the creation of an open and honest work environment; cascading and sharing knowledge and information relevant to other members of the team and colleagues across the business. (15%)
- Promotes policies and procedures to ensure that departmental performance targets are met. (15%)
- Implements and fosters the coaching and development of employees, including idea generation, within respective functional areas. (15%)
- Knowledge of the regulated water/wastewater business within the region and the regulations impacting the business as well as applicable regulations, requirements, and trends within water/wastewater business.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures and management theories, practices, and trends.
- Expert knowledge of process and operational areas.
- 2 year or 4 year degree in operational discipline, management, or related technical discipline or equivalent.
- 3-5 years experience in supervising operational areas and operating units, and managing and meeting performance targets.
Valid driver's license required.Competencies Champions safetyCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer obsessedDrives ResultsNimble learning
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.