Lead Service Line Project Supervisor (101348)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to 15 million people in 46 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help make sure we keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Pennsylvania American Water is looking for an energetic Supervisor Field Operations Pesron to join our team in Carnnegie, Pennsylvania.This person will manage the day-to-day operations of water and/or wastewater plants, operations and/or distribution systems in accordance with Company policies and procedures and all applicable governmental laws and regulations. This person will report to the Capital Project Manager and will be responsible for managing all activities concerened with the replacement of customer side lead service lines.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for American Water to evaluate decisions about new regulations, reintegration, and safe operating practices, all employees are required to report their vaccination status.Primary Role
This position is responsible for managing (through a team as appropriate) all activities concerned with the replacement of customer side lead service lines.Key Accountabilities
- Interaction/educate customers and property owners about the lead service line replacement program.
- Interact with water quality, distribution, the state capital team, and other internal groups.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory criteria, specifications and standards, policies, procedures, lead service line replacement program, and approved objectives as they relate to lead service line replacement.
- Obtain necessary agreements from customers/property owners to complete replacement.
- Bid, monitor and manage Phase 1 and Phase 2 lead service line replacement projects.
- Schedule/Track water sampling requirements.
- Update company material/work order management system.
- Monthly reporting – Including financial, mapcall, and GIS.
- Knowledge of the regulated water/wastewater business within the region and the regulations impacting the business as well as applicable regulations, requirements, and trends within water/wastewater business,
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures and management theories, practices, and trends, expert knowledge of process and operational areas.
- 2 year or 4 year degree in operational discipline, management, or related technical discipline or equivalent.
- 3-5 years experience in supervising operational areas and operating units, and managing and meeting performance targets.
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because they are an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.