Senior Consultant , GPS Engagement Financial Advisor - Defense, Security & Justice (DSJ) (15395)
- Prepare budgets and forecasts and review baselines to project and track financial metrics such as revenue, costs, and profitability.
- Take part in lifecycle of engagements including set up, revenue recognition and compliance, monthly accounting close, monitor funding, process vendor invoices, support procurement and billing/collection activities, and facilitate engagement closeout.
- Interact periodically with senior level internal, and sometimes external, clients to present various analyses, discuss recommendations and provide engagement financial advice.
- Ensure compliance with applicable policies and procedures, Federal regulations and guidelines and contractual requirements
- Additional financial analyses including reconciliations and variance analysis
- Understand and utilize standard processes for engagement financial management, quality management, and risk management
- Contribute to the growth and development of the overall GPS EFA Practice through active involvement in a practice initiative
Our GPS EFA practice supports engagement teams in supporting the requirements our Account team's contract to perform. We help to analyze staffing and other forecast items using advanced financial, budgeting, and forecasting techniques. We provide realistic cost estimates that account for engagements' phases and activities, people, materials, hardware, and software and produce the best- and worst-case estimates using leading-edge project and client management software to keep clients' projects on track and on cost.
- Must be US Citizen
- B.A./B.S from a four-year accredited university
- Minimum of 5 year's experience in a finance/financial analysis role
- Minimum of 5 year's experience with the entire Microsoft Office Suite, including intermediate to advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience producing and delivering appropriate communications to C-level Executives
- Experience summarizing results and producing management reports
- Demonstrated attention to detail and adherence to project deadlines
- Proven ability to work effectively, both independently and as a member of a team
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Proven "outside the box"-thinker who identifies problems and develops creative solutions
- All candidates must be willing and able to travel as needed for their clients, however, depending on staffing needs, most positions are in-office-based with limited travel required. Ability to travel up to 25%. While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Experience supervising and/or managing resources
- Experience in working and collaborating with international and remote teams
- Experience with MS Access and MS Project applications
- Experience working with a variety of contracting types (e.g., time and materials, fixed price) and billing scenarios
- Experience developing project pricing models and performing scenario analysis
- Experience in a federal/state/public professional services environment; consulting experience is a plus