Urgent Care District Manager - CT (99379990)
Riverside Medical Group is the premier medical practice in New Jersey serving patients in Hudson, Bergen, Passaic, Essex, Middlesex, Burlington, and Camden counties. We have over 60 locations and 180 board certified medical providers specializing in Urgent Care, Adult Medicine, Pediatrics, ENT, Foot & Ankle, Gastroenterology, Rheumatology, Cardiology, Behavioral Health, Physical Therapy, Allergy & Immunology, Developmental Health, Pain Management, Chiropractic and Optometry.
As a National Committee for Quality Assurance "Level III- Patient Centered Medical Home," Riverside is able to provide patient-focused precision medical care to the entire family and is committed to providing patients with the highest quality medical care.
In addition to providing the highest quality of care, Riverside offers its patients the best hours of operation of any private practice in the country. Patients have around-the-clock access to a health-care team and have the benefit of same day and walk in appointments. As an advocate for prenatal health and education, Riverside offers prenatal classes every weekend free of charge. Riverside believes in giving back to their community and the patients they serve through health fairs, charitable giving/foundation, and free medical education.
As a part of the OptumCare network, Riverside Medical Group is seeking a Urgent Care District Manager to join our growing team in New Jersey. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Riverside Medical Group is seeking to hire an Urgent Care District Manager to join our leadership team. The District Manager is responsible for overseeing the operations in six to seven Urgent Care Centers for a specific region and will have the Urgent Care Managers in the specified region as direct reports.
- Work with Urgent Care senior leadership to make decisions on new processes and initiatives
- Develop strategies to drive volume meeting monthly targets
- Ensure all Urgent Care Centers in the region are appropriately staffed utilizing the current staffing models
- Provide effective training, coaching, and feedback. Create developmental and performance improvement plans as needed
- Solves problems effectively with an emphasis on developing proactive, productive approaches utilizing internal support functions
- Identifies measurable performance standards to improve Urgent Care performance
- Understands the site’s challenges and productively facilitates communication and involvement of other functional areas (HR, IT, etc.) providing resolution
- Monitor staff utilization to measure resources and request additional staff when necessary
- Establish and maintain a collaborative working relationship with supervising physicians
- Provide on-going training and mentoring for staff
- Coordinates and communicates across Urgent Care Centers and shares best practices with peers
- Implementation of new services and systems in the offices
- Participation in community events and marketing initiatives
- Train new Urgent Care Office Managers
- Managing referral integration
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Demonstrated experience in management, operations, and leadership
- Experience managing and overseeing multiple sites
- Proven track record of success in a leadership role
- Solid conflict resolutions skills
- Solid understanding of financial management, expense review and approvals
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office programs, especially in the following:
- Microsoft Excel i.e. pivot tables, VLOOKUP, etc.
- Microsoft Word i.e. draft various letters, documents, operational summaries, etc.
- Microsoft PowerPoint i.e. create slide presentations for operational meetings and able to demonstrate competent presentation skills
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- 3+ years of management experience in a fast paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management or related field
- Excellent managerial, organizational and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent communication skills including presentation and oral speaking skills (comfortable speaking in front of an audience)
- Energetic and eager to manage multiple activities and priorities
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners, and employees
- Ability to multi-task and perform in stressful situations
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Opportunities with Riverside Medical Group. Discover what it means to be part of a top-rated, premier medical practice with a deep commitment to serving its community for over 35 years. We’re also part of the best hospital system in New Jersey and one of the best 50 hospitals in the nation. Riverside Medical Group has over 25 locations in Northern New Jersey, and we deliver quality-focused care to patients of all ages. We recently became part of OptumCare - the health care delivery part of Optum, backed by the scale and resources of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies. Every day we provide the ultimate patient experience through round-the-clock access to health care teams, same day and walk-in appointments, as well as charitable giving and a foundation that supports scholarships and medical research. At Riverside, you’ll play an important role in helping people achieve optimal health, and that’s just the start. Learn more about career opportunities with Riverside Medical Group, where you can help change the world as you do your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Urgent Care District Manager, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote, CT