Health Education Scorer (2105129)
We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment,powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
The Evaluation Systems group of Pearson offers dynamic teacher licensing and performance assessment solutions. Our custom teacher licensure testing programs are 100 percent aligned to state standards. We also provide a wide variety of teacher licensure testing services such as test development, administration, and scoring. We work in a collaborative environment and are passionate about education.
Scoring offers the opportunity to network with other professionals and stay abreast of the latest developments in your field. Scorers have a direct impact on the quality of the next generation of teachers and help to maintain professional standards. Scorers enjoy the change of pace, the mental challenge and the opportunity to give back to their educational field.
We have immediate openings for candidates to score Health Education in our Hadley office.
· Starting rate of $15.49 per hour
· On-site training
· Flexibility to work scoring sessions that suit your availability
· Evaluates responses of teacher candidates in Massachusetts.
· Successfully internalizes training and scoring guide, participates in discussions.
· Must be able to put aside personal biases and apply scoring guide according to rubric requirements.
· Meets quality and productivity requirements established for the scoring program.
· Engage with other scorers in consensus scoring activities.
· Pass a qualifying test before scoring.
On-site training takes place in an office environment that is safe and favorable to good working conditions.
Scoring sessions are typically one to two days long. The scoring day runs from 8:30 a.m. to approximately 4:30 p.m., including training.
· A bachelor’s degree or higher, and
· A current Massachusetts Health Education teaching license OR recent college level teaching experience in Health Education, OR
· A current Massachusetts Health Education teaching license
Both active and retired teachers can be eligible to score, provided they hold a current teaching license.
· Basic computer skills (keyboard, mouse)
· Ability to sit for extended periods of time
· Ability to maintain a confidential work environment
· Eligible to work in the United States
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here:
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Job: PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Organization: Assessments VUE
Req ID: 2105129