Teacher Certification Assessment Scorer (2112568)
We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment,powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
- The Evaluation Systems group of Pearson is recruiting permanently certified NYS teachers and recent retirees to score the constructed response components of New York State Teacher Certification Exams
- Scoring the NYSTCETM provides teachers with a unique opportunity to network with peers, support their profession, and stay up-to-date with current practices and content
- Scorers are provided with the opportunity to learn a process for evaluating responses to performance assignments, effectively and fairly
- Scorers are provided with a thorough orientation to the methodology of how to score responses and gain valuable assessment skills in the process
- In addition, Pearson is currently working with the NYS Education Department on the redevelopment of several content fields
- Scorers who are interested and experienced in these fields, may be able to assist with this process
- Scoring sessions are held throughout the year at our Malta, NY office and can last from one to three days, depending on the content area
- All scoring is done during the day
- Compensation is hourly or current teachers may request substitute teacher reimbursement and professional development certificates
- Travel expense reimbursement for scorers traveling more than 40 miles one way to Malta facility may be approved
New York State permanently-certified teacher who is currently teaching in or has taught in New York State Schools (public or private) within the last five years (including regular substitute teachers).
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here:
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Job: PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Organization: Assessments VUE
Req ID: 2112568