Senior Training Consultant - Telecommute (106693622)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Sr. Training Consultant is responsible for delivering a consistently high-quality learning and development experience to clinician development program participants, providing a challenging and supportive coaching environment as well as promoting skills needed to reach goals and become more effective leaders within the organization.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develops program vision, ensuring alignment to Physician Executive Council priorities and needs of participants
- Provides direction and guidance to the program team on program design and delivery
- Partners with program team to design and evolve curriculum
- Facilitates select topics
- Follows program cohort from beginning to end, tracking progress and serving as a trusted advisor and coach providing on-going development feedback
- Develops and tracks metrics to ensure program delivers value to participants and the business
- Focuses on LMS programming evaluates content, updates programming, stays abreast of modern technologies in LMS platforms, identifies cost savings opportunities
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources Management, Organizational Psychology or relevant field
- 5+ experience as a training coach or facilitator, supporting the development of leaders through coaching and programmatic delivery
- 5+ experience delivering high quality training and proven ability to facilitate engaging, challenging, and thought-provoking discussion among diverse audiences
- 5+ years of experience in leadership development and / or adult learning either in an educational or corporate setting
- Knowledge of traditional and modern educational techniques
- Understanding of and ability to provide differentiated feedback based on adult developmental stages of growth
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Executive coaching certification, direct experience focused on training and developing health care providers
- Experience with developing LMS programs
- Ability to synthesize complex information and topics and create clear and compelling instructional materials
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- High level of emotional intelligence, interpersonal skills, and openness to receiving and giving feedback
- Self-motivated and reflective with a commitment to lifelong learning
- Belief in coaching, developing, and empowering others
- Ability to inspire and motivate
- A strategic and systemic thinker, able to draw new insights from complex information and issues
- Ability to work collaboratively to facilitate training sessions in partnership with other faculty and subject matter experts
- Credibility with program participants, faculty /experts, and other stakeholders
- Ability to work well in a team environment, establish good rapport at all levels of the organization, and work with and relate to people from diverse backgrounds
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Superb time management and organizational skills; the ability to independently manage multiple programs at one time at a rapid pace; demonstrated ability to be thorough, with solid attention to detail
- Flexibility; ability to adapt to an ever changing, growing organization
- Self-motivated individual who demonstrates initiative without waiting for direction
- Ability to travel for events
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.