Worldwide Curriculum Pathway Senior Training Manager
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
Acts as a strategic business partner across Worldwide (WW) markets with specific responsibility for the design and implementation of priority WW commercial curriculum pathways. The individual works directly with the local training teams to ensure the priorities of the WW Training Centre of Excellence (CoE) strategy are implemented and aligned to the WW training resources.
- In line with business priorities works closely with the other functions of the WW Training CoE, WW brand teams, the WW Training Leadership Team and local training teams to provide end to end integrated training curriculum pathways, bespoke to brand requirements, that can be adopted and executed with speed and efficiency across markets
- Develops centralised learning pathways that can be deployed via the BMS Learning Management System in local language
- Develops standardised WW Training programmes and workshops that can be used at a local level
- Partners with the local market trainers to enable efficient and cost-effective localisation and implementation of WW training material
- Plays a central role in driving cross market collaboration and sharing of resources/initiatives, to break silos between market trainers, minimising duplication and maximising efficiencies, speed to delivery
- Demonstrates strong working knowledge of the therapy areas they are operating within
- Ensures the measurement of training impact to the business is included in all initiatives
- When required, and in line with business priorities, acts as a supplemental resource to deliver training directly in and across markets
- Ensures timely pull through and continuous improvement of training deployment tools/applications, in collaboration with relevant internal Technology teams, vendors and internal stakeholders
- Acts as a champion of self-directed and blended learning based on adult leaning principles
- Manages key stakeholders and complex matrix teams across the Training and Talent organisation
- Provides strategic and tactical support to future-focused WW Training initiatives
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Good understanding of leadership skills, coaching models, and sales models and demonstrated experience implementing
- Extensive knowledge of adult learning principles and learning design
- Demonstrated expertise in skills and hybrid aspects of training
- Proven ability to influence without authority
- Demonstrated ability in excellent teamworking and collaboration
- A self-starter, comfortable working under their own initiative, going beyond the brief where required
- Ability to prioritise business needs and make timely decisions based on available data
- Proven ability to present to and influence senior leaders
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse internal stakeholders at global, regional, and country level
- Experience in successfully implementing a global model at the market level
- Demonstrated strength in facilitating discussions, presenting information, and resolving issues
- Great communication, organisational and interpersonal skills, and proven project management experience
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple project workstreams simultaneously
- BA/BS degree
- Fluent in English
- Experience in either sales management or sales with a proven track record of success highly preferred
- Pharmaceutical or Medical device industry experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years training experience (above market or Regional training experience an advantage)
- Additional qualifications or accreditations related to learning development desired
- Some Travel required ~20% of time
- Role based in Uxbridge, UK or Princeton Pike, USA
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.
Bristol Myers Squibb is Disability Confident – Committed
A UK Government scheme