Director, CTO Training (R1559080-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
This role is responsible for managing the governance and strategy of Training for the Cell Therapy Organization network. This role provides oversight to technical training and capabilities building for Make-Test-Release, technical, and support functions.
- Create and own global standards for Cell Therapy Organization (CTO) Training concepts including but not limited to manufacturing and other technical and supporting business functions.
- Monitor and foster alignment of training strategy and content across the CTO network and evaluate training through shared KPIs.
- Oversee effectiveness monitoring of training programs.
- Chair the Network Training Council to foster simplification, standardization, and compliance in collaboration with CTO network training stakeholders
- Provide ongoing support and development of training strategy to incorporate continuous updates for process changes.
- Oversight and periodic review of technical training content and training modules.
- Represent the Training platform, ensuring effective communication of needs and areas of potential harmonization and synergy to the business.
- Provide effective leadership of the Training team(s), to ensure regulatory and legal compliance as well as effective capability building for the network. Ensure continuous professional development of technical training programs are implemented across the network.
- Ensure regulatory compliance expectations are met at all times.
- Align with SMEs from various sites to ensure up-to-date content, technique and business criteria are captured in the Technical Training material.
- Where necessary provide coaching and guidance on technique and technical content to site qualified trainers.
- Responsible for managing the CTO training strategy.
- Lead a high performing work team by fostering and supporting a team culture that is engaged and empowered.
- Coach and mentor CTO technical training operations team on the required skills and materials to perform their roles efficiently.
- Maintain the training program strategy in accordance with business needs, regulatory requirements, and Quality Management System.
- Act as primary training SME for CMOs including relevant training, document review and site audits.
- Continuously evaluate and provide improvements to the CTO technical training program.
- Assist in the development and/or review of developed training materials for technical accuracy, regulatory compliance, and effectiveness.
- Support the development of technical trainers.
- Ensure effective knowledge transfer in relation to technical transfer activities.
Shop Floor Support
- Actively align manufacturing processes with technical training and ensure consistent alignment between the processes
- Support investigations and CAPA requests associated with the manufacturing process and ensure alignment within the CTO training program
- Provide support regarding best practices, technical transfers, and other trainings as needed to the manufacturing, quality, warehouse, support, and network management
- Present and respond to inquiries regarding training programs
- Maintain processes to be inspection ready
Leadership, Values and Behaviors
- Openly communicates with peers, direct reports, support staff and management
- Attention to detail and critical thinking ability
- Fully understands the needs of the customer
- Recognized as a trustworthy resource that fully understands the production process
- Ability to lead projects in a continuous improvement environment
- Perform a variety of duties to support team objectives
- Provides innovative solutions to resolve complex issues
- Represents CTO training in cross-functional teams, projects and GXP related problem resolution
- Exemplify and demonstrate highest quality and safety standards
- Time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrate discipline and self-motivation
- Excellent written, oral communication skills and technical skills
- Responsible for leading lean transformation of people, resources and effort for Cell Therapy Manufacturing Training across all sites.
- Lead the driving sustainable improvements in quality, delivery/lead time, and operational efficiencies that are tied to leadership goals
- Create strategic plans to eliminate waste within the business unit by utilizing lean processes, metrics, cost savings, best demonstrated practices and enterprise resource management
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on various Lean/Process Improvement activities
- Provides successful implementation of improvement projects across the sites enabling growth and drive profitability
Key Performance Indicators:
- Knowledgeable and compliant regarding the execution of required SOPs
- Training Effectiveness KPI
- Training business expectations
- Costs and budget (e.g. overtime)
Bachelor’s degree in relevant science or engineering discipline with 5-8 years of work experience in the pharmaceutical and related cGMP regulated industry.
Master’s (preferred) or other advanced degree in relevant science or engineering discipline with 3+ years of work experience in the pharmaceutical or related cGMP regulated industry.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.