Foreign Language Instructor ( R-00018107 )
LEIDOS is looking for a full time instructors for the following languages: Chinese(Mandarin), Farsi (Persian), Spanish and Russian.
- Customer has an immediate linguist requirement for foreign language instructors with the required teaching experience and adult learning methodology.
- Customer requires the services of contract language instructors with native-like speaking skills in the foreign language to work 40 hours a week spending approximately 20 hours of teaching and 20 hours of lesson development, student assessment and testing.
- The contract linguist instructor(s) shall have strong foreign language skills and will work under direction of experienced senior trained instructors.
- Instructors will be expected to teach a proficiency course (0-2) to include, reading, writing and speaking, correct grammar, vocabulary, as well as proper punctuation.
- It is also important that candidates are familiar with current events in the countries where the foreign languages are spoken.
- Once on the program, contract linguist instructors are required to receive specific sponsor training focusing on foreign language teaching and foreign language testing in order to become certified according to Sponsor standards
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Language Testing Requirements:
- All candidates will be required to take and pass the foreign language test administered by LEIDOS/ accepted commercial testing vendors (3 hours standard translation test).
Security Clearance Requirements:
- No clearance is required to apply to the job.
- After passing the required tests, we will sponsor security clearance and upgrading existing clearances to meet the program requirements.
- TS/SCI with polygraph is required. Linguists cannot begin work on contract without a fully adjudicated security clearance.
- BA/BS in education, foreign language, linguistics and/or 8+ years of related work experience
- BA in other majors with the required language teaching experience will also be considered.