Higher Education (Post -secondary) Consultant - Student Retention (2009679)
Higher Education (Post -secondary) Consultant - Student Retention - ( 2009679 )
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
We are the world’s learning company with more than 22,500 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment,powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
We Value Diversity and Inclusion
We value the power of inclusive culture, so we embed diversity and inclusion in everything we do. Pearson promotes a company culture where differences are embraced as strengths, opportunities are equal and accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all employees are given the chance to reach their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant company. People are at the center of our company. We are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace ecosystem where talent can learn, grow, and thrive. Learn more here: https://pearson.jobs/pearson-life/
Summary The Higher Education (Postsecondary) Consultant is highly knowledgeable and highly experienced in Student Retention Programming and Services, allowing her or him to provide consultative and improvement services to Academic Partners and Pearson Business Units. This role will support internal and external partners, as well as be proficient in operations at their own University/College and/or Pearson Business Unit. This role is responsible for developing, managing, and coaching around new initiatives (pilots) as well as consultative services. The position will support data analysis, budgeting and forecasting as well as plan, support, and operationalize, new initiatives. This position will report to the Director, Consultative Services, but will work within a team framework comprised of various functional leaders and key stakeholders.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develops and supports productive communication and relationships with our current and prospective academic partners.
- Develops and supports continuous improvement and pilot initiatives, following the Retention Services Continuous Improvement and Pilot model.
- Responsible for influencing process and implementing best practices during new program launches or with existing partners.
- Provide consultative services to Colleges and Universities regarding the best practices of retaining students along with administrative process and resource needs.
- Provides training to College and University personnel on Student Retention best practices in relation to CRM, hiring, technology, process flow and service levels.
- Responsible for facilitating and training of new services and models within Student Support Services.
- Responsible for participating in budgeting and forecasting modeling and process. Responsible for providing ongoing support for International consultative services and agreements.
- Supports the organization by acting as a subject-matter expert as needed in existing and new business and service models.
- Collaborate with functional leaders to implement cross-functional improvement/strategic initiatives.
- Responsible for continuous learning in the area of University administration practices, financial aid, student retention, student services and student recruiting.
- May be responsible for a team of Retention Managers, Coaching Managers, and/or College Coaches.
- Other duties as assigned.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Master’s Degree preferred or equivalent education and experience.
- 5-7 years in customer service/consultative sales preferred.
- 5 years of managing teams of 5 or more preferred.
- Working experience in an academic organization or similar organization required.
- Experience in providing consulting services preferred.
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Strategy Planning, Implementation and Budgeting experience required.
- Academic focused and operations results oriented.
- Able to make decisions with a proven track record of decision making.
- Excellent leadership, negotiation, presentation, planning and organizational skills.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Has the ability to transfer knowledge and skills to the team through training and support.
- Ability to identify and propose new tasks and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to take the lead and work against resistance to accomplish goals.
- Highly proficient with office automation tools (MS Office/Google) as well as internet and various databases both internal and external.
- This position may supervise other managers or individual contributors.
- Employee focused culture
- Health benefits start immediately
- Tuition assistance
- Pet Insurance
- 401K with Company Match
- Paid volunteer days
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- Personal, Vacation, and Sick time
- Growth Opportunities
Learn more about our benefits by visiting our website: https://pearsonbenefitsus.com/
Primary Location : US-AZ-Chandler
Job : General Business Operations
Organization : North America
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Manager
Shift : Day Job
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting : Apr 29, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2009679