GPS State Local Higher Education (SLHE) Attorney (20941)
- Assist teams in responding to requests for proposals and draft, review and negotiate contracts, primarily professional services agreements, many of a technology-based nature, with SLHE industry-based clients, such as state/commonwealth department and agencies, cities and municipalities, public and private colleges and universities, and non-profit entities, as well as associated contracts.
- Advise and provide solutions to internal business clients serving SLHE industry-based clients on legal issues.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- 2 - 5 years of experience as a practicing attorney.
- Experience with drafting and negotiating services agreements, consulting agreements and/or vendor agreements.
- Experience in negotiating technology/software implementation, managed services, and/or application maintenance and operations services agreements. Experience in SLHE a plus, either representing or engaging with SLHE entities.
- Law degree.
- Active member of a U.S. State bar.
- Aptitude for learning.
- Exceptional negotiating and drafting skills.
- Business acumen with a solution-oriented, proactive and positive approach.
- Strong work ethic.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Able to work in a high-energy, fast-moving environment with short deadlines, as required.
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.