Senior Manager, Training & Instructional Design
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
- Develop, implement and manage world-class learning solutions in support of the GMP Training objectives and to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Collaborate with functional area representatives, subject matter experts (SMEs) and cross-functional teams to develop and implement key learning strategies and programs.
- Provide training expertise and consultation in support of the GMP Training model and process.
- Design and develop training courses and determine appropriate methodology.
- Lead cross-functional training project teams in the creation of strategic training initiatives.
- Participate in BMS cross-site training project teams.
- Directs, manages, and leads Training & Development process design, development, implementation, and evaluation at the site (develop curriculum, design and implement systems for applied learning and reinforcement, train and develop site resources, etc.) to ensure performance improvement.
- Leads the Train the Trainer Program for the Site to ensure the development of trainers in different organizational areas.
- Leads the Site on the Job Qualification Training Program and provides advice to ensure compliance with Corporate policies.
- Monitors and audits the areas Qualification training programs (QC Laboratories, Warehouse, Manufacturing and Utilities).
- Provides support in creating and reviewing qualification skills modules.
- Identifies and updates operators “Learning Plans” for qualifications tasks to ensure a systematic approach and Compliance.
- Aligns the qualification training program needs with the requirement of functional areas.
- Diagnoses and assesses organizational needs and gaps in processes, systems and learning.
- Serves as an internal consultant to management, focused on targeting performance improvement needs, providing feedback, and recommending training
- and non-training solutions, including human reliability and investigations of human errors.
- Actively builds collaborative relationships partnerships with all levels of the organization in the identification and implementation of learning solutions.
- Plans and co-facilitates classroom training sessions and learning sessions focusing on a wide variety of topics.
- Provide guidance, expertise and consulting to functional managers and SMEs in the assessment of training needs, the design of appropriate training, development, and implementation, and the measurement of training effectiveness.
- Demonstrates initiative, teamwork, commitment and follow-through with all training initiatives.
- Works independently and if issues or problems are identified, works with Management to resolve.
- May work on assignments that are complex in nature where independent action and a high degree of initiative are required in resolving problems and developing recommendations.
- Performs as Technical Training function SME during audits.
- Ensures training expenses are within the approved budget.
- Performs as back up of the area Director as required.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design, Adult Education, Human Resources, Business Administration, Organizational Development, Industrial Psychology or a related field. A Master’s degree preferred in a development/training discipline.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in learning and development within the pharmaceutical manufacturing industry or a related field is preferred, including 5 years supervising learning and development professionals.
- Experience leading a team whose focus is on designing effective employee training initiatives, programs, and knowledge management.
- Strong understanding of adult learning theory and a variety of learning methodologies.
- Experience with the ADDIE model or other instructional design methodologies.
- Highly developed skills in the design development and assessment of training programs.
- Ability to identify training needs, develop training content, and deliver training programs.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience with Skills Qualification programs for critical positions.
- Experience developing training materials for OJT qualification process.
- In-depth knowledge of technical training curriculum and design processes.
- Strong knowledge in Root Cause evaluation associated to human error.
- Experience using LMS and eLearning tools.
- Experience working with manufacturing documents, change controls, deviations and regulatory documentation.
- Proficient in cGMP’s, Safety and Regulatory Agencies Regulations, documentation practices and manufacturing process.
- Highly developed communication, presentation, organizational, interpersonal skills, leadership and planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Ability to balance multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to drive collaborations across functions to accomplish objectives and to work collaboratively with all employees at all levels.
- Good computer skills including proficiency with common business software such as MS Office including database management tools.
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Bilingual Spanish/English. Both written and verbal are required.
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationship with a variety of internal and external customers.
- Willing to work irregular hours, rotating shifts, weekends and holidays.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.