Exam Scorer- Physical Education (2105017)
Exam Scorer- Physical Education - ( 2105017 )
Pearson isthe world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment, powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people
The Evaluation Systems group of Pearson offers dynamic teacher licensing and performance assessment solutions. Our custom teacher licensure testing programs are 100 percent aligned to state standards. We also provide a wide variety of teacher licensure testing services such as test development, administration, and scoring. We work in a collaborative environment and are passionate about education.
Scoring offers the opportunity to network with other professionals and stay abreast of the latest developments in your field. Scorers have a direct impact on the quality of the next generation of teachers and help to maintain professional standards. Scorers enjoy the change of pace, the mental challenge and the opportunity to give back to their educational field.
We have an immediate opening for candidates to score at our Sacramento office, located in Natomas.
- Starting rate of $16.52/hour.
- Scoring sessions are conducted M-F during the day and occasionally on weekends.
- Scoring sessions are typically complete within 3-5 days, with occasional single day scoring sessions.
- Flexibility to work scoring sessions that suit your availability.
- Recently retired educators who meet the qualifications are welcome to apply.
- Evaluates teacher certification candidate responses to constructed-response items in a reliable manner and scores according to supplied scoring guide.
- Successfully internalizes training and participates in discussions.
- Meets quality and productivity requirements established for the scoring program.
- May be required to pass qualifying test before scoring.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
A Single Subjects Physical Education Exam Scorer must:
- hold a Single Subject Teaching Credential corresponding to the content field, have at least three years of teaching experience, and be teaching or have taught with-in the last three years;
- OR be an instructor in a California institution of higher education who, in the last three years, has taught classes corresponding to the content field;
- OR have served as a Single Subject Assessments for Teaching scorer in the content field;
- OR have continuing experience as a scorer in the content field after having met one of the above qualifications;
- OR have an authorization to teach in California public schools in the corresponding content field;
- OR hold a graduate degree in the content field;
- OR hold a bachelor's degree and have several years' professional experience in the content field;
- OR hold a bachelor's degree and/or master's degree and be a graduate student currently teaching courses in the content field;
- OR have served as a CTC-approved member of the appropriate CSET test development and/or standard setting panel.
Primary Location : US-CA-Sacramento
Work Locations :
US-CA-Sacramento-1224 N Market1224 N Market Blvd
Job : Professional Development
Organization : Assessments VUE
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Entry Level
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Apr 19, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Part-time Regular
Req ID: 2105017