Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION:
BMS Cell Therapy Manufacturing Training seeks a training associate that brings enthusiasm, intellectual curiosity, and a desire to help drive novel programs. The candidate will support Training Specialists and Senior Training Specialists in training of Cell Therapy Manufacturing Associates on all equipment, processes, procedures, and practices necessary to qualify operators in Cell Therapy Manufacturing operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows safety requirements and completes safety trainings and escalates safety concerns.
- Recognizes and escalates potential deviations to management.
- Assists in the development and implementation of a comprehensive, competency-based, high-quality manufacturing training program.
- Adheres to schedule provided by Training Coordinator.
- Supports and trains Manufacturing Associates on cGMP manufacturing operations per On-the-Job training, standard operating procedures, and work instructions.
- Ensures trainees perform tasks in a manner consistent with safety policies, quality systems, and cGMP requirements.
- Train best practices and processes related to a comprehensive on the job training program.
- Promotes a high energy, positive, and collaborative culture.
- Assists in setting-up and maintaining the manufacturing training area(s), including gathering of materials, equipment, and documentation.
- Reviews manufacturing documents for ease of understanding, technical soundness, effective and efficient operations, and cGMP compliance.
- Ensures that all training documentation is accurate, complete, and available for review by management or regulatory agencies.
- Applies continuous improvement to the training program.
- Collaborates with department managers, and trainers on an on-going basis to prioritize training needs and to verify the effectiveness of the training program.
- Participate on department teams and improvement projects.
- Associates in relevant science or engineering discipline, or equivalent in work experience.
- 2+ years of experience in cGMP manufacturing highly preferred. Experience in cell therapy manufacturing preferred.
- Demonstrates strong Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
- Experience in Cell Therapy and Aseptic processes preferred.
- Ability to work independently to meet objectives and perform with a high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrates proficiency in written and verbal communication.
- Experience working with Subject Matter Experts and translating content and performance requirements into sound training content.
- Ability to coordinate, contribute to and work within a cross-functional team.
- Ability to receive and provide feedback in a constructive way.
- Ability to maintain collaborative professional relationships with colleagues, peers and all levels of management and with various stakeholder departments.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Must possess the ability to take initiative to complete assignments and job responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to gown into a cleanroom environment.
- Must be able to be near strong magnets.
- Stand and Walk - Required to stand/walk while training with manufacturing/computer equipment for several hours at a time, throughout the day.
- Carrying weight, Pushing, Pulling Lifting - Required to carry, lift, push, and/or pull up to 50 pounds several times a day while handling production equipment and/or materials.
- Bend and Kneel - Required to bend or kneel several times a day.
- Overhead work - Required to perform overhead reaching during handling of training materials/files/supplies up to 25 pounds several times a day, throughout the day.
- Moving Head and Neck – Required movement of head/neck while using computer applications and handling of production equipment and materials several times a day, throughout the day.
- Twisting - Required movement of twisting waist while setting up equipment several times a day, throughout the day.
- Repetitive Use - Required repetitive use of arms/wrists/hands while setting up equipment and processing several times a day, throughout the day.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) and other clean room garments daily. This may include, but not limited to: safety shoes, safety glasses, aprons, face shields, lab coats, full body gowns, hairnets, gloves, and hearing protection.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.