Maritime Power Plant Training Specialist ( R-00052818 )
The Leidos Defense Group may have an opening for a Maritime Power Plant Training Specialist to work in West Mifflin, PA. This could be an opportunity to use your experience to help Leidos support Navy training. In this project we transform curricula designed by instructional experts, experienced Navy power plant technicians and subject matter experts into computer-based training (CBT) modules used in the Navy’s self-paced training program. Please note this requisition has been opened in the expectation of future employment. It is not based on any current vacancies.
Candidate will be part of a multi-disciplinary team consisting of instructional designers, multimedia designers, and other maritime power plant SMEs to develop technical training content that will be used for Navy technical training. Candidate will perform reviews of other experts’ work and provide input on their operational experience and understanding of the manuals. Will be responsible for reading and understanding tasking from a project schedule to help support strict deadlines. Candidate will work as part of a geographically dispersed team.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Technical or Engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years (6 years preferred) working with Navy power plants.
- Must have served as an Engineering Watch Supervisor.
- Must have successfully completed required training to qualify as an Engineering Watch Supervisor.
- Must have an active or current Final US Secret (or higher) security clearance to start work. We strongly prefer candidates with active or current clearances but will consider opening background investigations for outstanding candidates whose clearance statuses are listed as inactive at this time.
- Instructor experience at a Prototype is a plus.
- Qualified on both S6G and S8G platforms is a plus.
- Active or current U.S. Government security clearance is a plus.