Training Specialist ( R-00053228 )
The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Training Specialist to support our ASPR Ready team who will train staff on a new web application.
This candidate must organize, design, and conduct training programs for users. This candidate will be responsible for performing training needs assessments, for designing and delivering curriculum and learning materials, and for managing all phases of the training lifecycle. This candidate should possess excellent communication and presentation skills and enjoy helping others learn and develop their skills.
This role is a telecommuting role and is full time until July at which time it will transition to part time.
- Identify training needs by evaluating users’ strengths and weaknesses.
- Build training plans and programs and prepare teaching plans for virtual environments.
- Formulate training outlines and determine instructional methods, utilizing knowledge of specified training needs and effectiveness of such methods.
- Translate requirements into training that will prepare system users in the functions and features of a new web application.
- Develop and/or oversee the production of classroom handouts, instructional materials, aids and manuals.
- Direct structured learning experiences and monitor their quality results.
- Acclimate new users to the web application functionality and conduct orientation sessions.
- Deliver training courses, visual aids, and other educational materials.
- Assess training effectiveness to ensure incorporation of taught skills and techniques into staff work behavior.
- Keep well-informed of the newest functions and features in the web application.
- Evaluate ongoing features and functions in the application to ensure that they are reflected in the training plan.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor’s of Science and 4+ years or Masters with 2+ years of experience as a training manager and/or an instructor for User Interface (UI)-related tools and/or systems.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess and can demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively and constructively as part of a team.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of users, including senior managers.
- Must possess the ability to design, develop, implement, and evaluate training plans, curricula, and methodology.
- Must possess extensive knowledge of instructional design and learning principles.
- Must possess and can demonstrate the ability to master the full training cycle.
- Must possess adequate knowledge of learning management software.
- Must be familiar with traditional and modern training methods, tools, and techniques.
- Must possess a strong, self-motivated desire to learn new training techniques, tools, and frameworks.
- Must have the ability to complete tasking independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of MS Office products, especially PowerPoint.
- Able to present complex information to a variety of audiences.
- Proven experience in designing multiple training events in a federal government setting.
- Familiar with basic web technologies (HTML, CSS, XML).
- Understand Agile software development process fundamentals.
- Familiar with multiple operating systems (Mac OSX, Windows, etc.).
hhscdcExternal Referral Bonus:EligiblePotential for Telework:Yes, 75%Clearance Level Required:Public TrustTravel:Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Technical TrainerPay Range:Pay Range $57,200.00 - $88,000.00 - $118,800.00