Document Control Specialist for Training Systems ( R-00054248 )
This position directly supports the Engineering team planning of final test and installation activities of multiple US Navy trainers. This position interfaces with program management, system and software integration engineers, subject matter experts, and customer personnel operating in an Agile development environment. This position supports trainer deliveries in accordance with approved plans by coordinating sponsor approvals, generating required delivery documentation, documenting trainer installation schedules and producing manning schedules.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Develop technical trainer installation plans, which will require an in-depth understanding of trainer installations and a detailed understanding of the unique characteristics of each installation site. Be able to handle new and unforseen complications as they arise. Work independently to achieve day-to-day objectives regarding final test and installation activities.
• Generate briefing materials documenting installation purposes, schedules, and results.
• Develop manning schedules for the Test and Integration Team.
• Participate in a variety of project organizational meetings with customer leadership, development partners and user / instructor base representatives. Bring institutional knowledge of past trainer installations to guide and influence current trainer installations.
• Participate in periodic Installation Planning Team (IPT) meetings between the development sites to prepare for upcoming major trainer installations.
Travel is required to trainer sites at various naval bases, and will account for no more than 20% of the job.
B.S./B.A. in technical or business discipline.
• US Citizenship and ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
• Must have 4+ years of experience performing control, production, distribution, and retention of complex documentation packages.
• Must have past experience with, and demonstrate the skills and capabilities to successfully execute the duties and responsibilities of this position, including solid analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products.
• Understanding of systems engineering and software development.
• Database experience (MS Access, SQL, etc.).
• Experience with Agile development and Atlassian products.
• US Navy experience.
External Referral EligibleExternal Referral Bonus:EligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:$3,000Potential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:SecretTravel:Yes, 25% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Documentation ControlPay Range: