Public Sector - Sales (State, Local, and Education) Summer 2024 Internship
- Unlock new business and partner with the sales team to close the sale.
- Find ways to grow the business with existing customers.
- Assist in crafting programs about our products that will "wow" our customers.
- Partner with our team in resolving customer problems and recommend solutions.
- Manage sales tracking and making appointments for the team.
- Provide competitive product and market research support.
- Partner with our team to analyze customer data and develop best in class solutions.
- Attend learning programs and training sessions.
- Participate in networking activities with other interns, professionals and business leaders.
- Manage your projects while constantly being challenged to generate smart solutions.
You must be currently enrolled in a degree program and be in good academic standing to be considered.
If you are interested in any other roles or locations in addition to this one, please submit your application to those postings directly as well in order to be considered.
What we're looking for...
You're a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you're always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You'll need to have:
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor's degree program in Business, Political Science, Marketing, Communications/Public Relations, or related major with an expected completion date between December 2024 and June 2025.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
- Willingness to work in one of our HUB locations (Cary, NC; Houston, TX; Basking Ridge, NJ or New York, NY; Annapolis Junction, MD or Ashburn, VA; Walnut Creek, CA)
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.