COBRA Training Support Specialist ( R-00049902 )
The COBRA Training Support Specialist support the Training and Delivery Services program at the Center for Domestic Preparedness (CDP) located in Anniston, Alabama. The CDP is a national training facility that prepares state and local emergency response personnel to respond to all hazards, including terrorist attacks using weapons of mass destruction, by providing hands on training. Training courses provided by CDP provide specific knowledge and expertise for deterrence, prevention and response to Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Explosive (CBRNE), mass casualty, and hazardous materials incidents by providing advanced, hands-on and classroom-based state of the art training.
The COBRA Training Support Specialist will:
- Assist course managers, resident instructors, sub-contractors, and support staff assigned to Resident Training.
- Perform training area setup and recovery procedures for classroom and live agent training facility.
- Support instructional staff during donning and doffing instruction for personal protective equipment.
- Perform donning and doffing procedure at the operational level during multi task performance oriented training.
- Prepare and fit personal protective equipment worn by responders in live agent training
- Comply with written regulation, guidance, and supervisor assignment for entries into the COBRATF live agent training environment.
- Actively seek and participate in cross training opportunities to maximize overall training experience for student responders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have GED or High school diploma and 1 year of experience
- Must be able to frequently lift, push, and pull over 50 pounds
- Ability to wear and perform all operational tasks while wearing personal protective equipment
- Possess adequate physical fitness to perform assigned duties
- Ability to apply accepted hazardous material principles in a variety of life threatening situations
- Ability to communicate orally in order to conduct training of work-force
- Ability to operate standard CBRN/HAZMAT equipment
- Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U. S. citizenship is required.
- Must have an accepted form of government-issued ID compliant with the Real ID Act
- Must submit to and obtain final suitability by successful completion of a pre-placement screening consisting of background check, financial institutions/credit bureau check, and disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act.
- 5+ years of experience supporting live toxic agent operations/training