Teacher Daycare - Associate's
Join the St. Louis Children's team as a Daycare Teacher!
Our daycare is available to all BJC employees and cares for children ages 0-6 years.
Hours: 4 day weeks/10 hr days
Monday – Friday
6:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Includes $1,000 sign on bonus
Located at the Child Development Center, Newstead Avenue
Benefits start in first thirty days
[Register to View] " width="229" alt="icims2?module=AppInert&action=download&id=96732&hashed=[Register to View] " />
St. Louis Children’s Hospital is dedicated to improving the health and lives of children. As one of the top-ranked children’s hospitals in the country, St. Louis Children’s provides care in more than 50 specialty areas through a dedicated team of physicians, nurses, staff and volunteers. Along with inpatient and outpatient medical care, the hospital offers education, wellness and injury-prevention programs to fulfill its mission to “do what’s right for kids.”
Providing comprehensive, high-quality care and serving as an advocate for children has been St. Louis Children’s commitment since its inception in 1879. Today, the hospital serves patients and families across a 300-mile service area, and has seen patients from all 50 states and more than 80 countries.
St. Louis Children’s consistently ranks among America’s Best Children’s Hospitals by U.S.News & World Report in all surveyed categories. In 2021, St. Louis Children’s was one of eight children’s hospitals to rank in the top 25 of all 10 specialties. The hospital’s academic and physician partner, Washington University School of Medicine, is one of the top-ranked medical schools in the United States. Since 2005, St. Louis Children’s has been designated as a Magnet® hospital for nursing excellence from the American Nurses Credentialing Center® (ANCC).
Provides and maintains a safe and healthy environment with a developmentally appropriate curriculum designed and implemented in accordance with the center's philosophy and guidelines for high quality early childhood education.
- Communicates effectively by being friendly, nurturing, and building bonds with children, by providing daily written documentation and keeping children?s portfolios current to keep parents informed of their child?s progress, and by building positive relationships with families.
- Organizes learning centers and provides activities and materials to support children?s developmental and educational needs, stimulating creativity and curiosity, and giving children a sense of security. Will also write and implement developmentally appropriate lesson plans pertinent to the goals established for the needs of individual children while always maintains a global view/supervision of children and child/staff ratio at all times.
- Facilitates an environment of healthy social and emotional development by using positive guidance techniques and redirection, encouraging and modeling responsibility and respect, by recognizing and supporting children?s personalities, learning styles, and individual differences.
- Builds positive working relationships with team as a model of appropriate behavior for children and obtaining clock hour training per accreditation/licensing requirements.
- Performs Other Responsibilities as Assigned
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- Associate's Degree
- 2-5 years
Licenses & Certifications
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer