Training Range Engineer (57229)
- Support clients with data protection, IoT, and overarching cloud capabilities.
- Implement core and cloud infrastructure security to manage risks and exposure.
- Perform cyber reconnaissance to illuminate a potential attack surface area.
- Provide threat and vulnerability management to federal clients and teams.
- Analyze tactical network architectures and topologies to assess security risks.
- Consult with client on design, architecture and implementation of cyber solutions.
- Engineer, implement, configure and tune IT infrastructure in support of cyber solutions. IT infrastructure includes compute, memory, storage, server hardware, desktop hardware, thin/zero clients, routers, switches, firewalls, IDS, etc.
- Automate range scenario deployment leveraging infrastructure, virtualization, custom scripting, development, etc.
- Maintain and continuously improve infrastructure deployment for efficiency, resilience, availability and speed.
- Research and analyze available technology for integration into environment.
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice - our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of more than 15,000 professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise
At Deloitte, we believe cyber is about starting things-not stopping them-and enabling the freedom to create a more secure future. Cyber Infrastructure is focused on rethinking how security is integrated across modernized infrastructure as cyber threats become more complex. If you're seeking a career implementing, architecting, and-in select cases-handling next generation controls to manage security risks and exposure, then the Cyber Infrastructure team at Deloitte is for you.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Active Top Secret security clearance required
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure
- Experience utilizing software asset management
- Experience designing and implementing IT Infrastructure - servers, workstations, routers, switches, TAPs, packet brokers, etc.
- Experience with operating systems and technologies to include RHEL, Cisco, Palo Alto, and Gigamon.
- 2 years cyber security experience with emphasis on range development and 2 years experience with SIEM/IDS/IPS (Elastic Stack, Splunk, HBSS, or equivalent).
- Strong background /familiarity with Windows and Linux command line, networking, traffic analysis and MITRE ATT&CK matrix Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs) required.
- Strong background in virtualization software and enumeration. Experience with VMware VSphere, VMware ESXI, or similar products required.
- Experience with server configuration
- Combination of 2 years cyber security experience with emphasis on range development and 2 years experience with SIEM/IDS/IPS (Elastic Stack, Splunk, HBSS, or equivalent).
- Experience with Power/Space/Cooling/Cabling requirements gathering (power/cooling calculations, etc.)
- Experience with Core hardware infrastructure deployment - rack, power, cabling, connectivity, servers, etc.
- Experience with Cable termination experience (fiber & copper)
- Experience with Network device configuration
- Prior professional services or federal consulting experience
- Previous Security Operations Center experience
- Experience in mobile and endpoint security
- Certifications (e.g., CompTIA Security+, CEH, CISSP)
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and delivery model. We would not anticipate that the individual hired into this role would land at or near the top end of the range, but such a decision will be dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the range is $71,400 to $132,600.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.