Organizational Training Intern - Secaucus, NJ (111770315)
Organizational Training Internship
Riverside Medical Group is the premier medical practice in New Jersey serving patients in Hudson, Bergen, Passaic, Essex, Middlesex, Burlington, and Camden counties. We have over 60 locations and 180 board certified medical providers specializing in Adult Medicine, Pediatrics, ENT, Foot & Ankle, Gastroenterology, Rheumatology, Cardiology, Behavioral Health, Physical Therapy, Allergy & Immunology, Developmental Health, Pain Management, Chiropractic and Optometry.
As a National Committee for Quality Assurance "Level III- Patient Centered Medical Home," Riverside is able to provide patient-focused precision medical care to the entire family and is committed to providing patients with the highest quality medical care.
In addition to providing the highest quality of care, Riverside offers its patients the best hours of operation of any private practice in the country. Patients have around-the-clock access to a health-care team and have the benefit of same day and walk in appointments. As an advocate for prenatal health and education, Riverside offers prenatal classes every weekend free of charge. Riverside believes in giving back to their community and the patients they serve through health fairs, charitable giving/foundation, and free medical education.
As a part of the OptumCare network, Riverside Medical Group is seeking a Certified Medical Assistant to join our growing team in New Jersey. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Trainer Intern’s responsibilities include assisting with various projects within Riverside/Optum’s administrative and operations functions at the 1 Harmon Plaza, Secaucus, NJ location./Hybrid . Working on an EPIC EMR training project. This role may extend to support our Southern New Jersey clinics.
**This is a full-time internship position and will be available starting June 2022**
This role does have an expectation of being in office periodically at the Secaucus, NJ location.
- Support all Epic EMR (electronic medical record) training project implementations
- Assist the Director to design and develop training programs
- Design, prepare and order educational aids and materials
- Maintain updated curriculum database and training records
- Manage and maintain in-house training facilities and equipment
- Other duties as assigned
A successful candidate in this role:
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs
- Through genuine and positive communication, makes each customer feel informed, understood, and special
- An effective team player who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments
- Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals
- Adherence to standards of business conduct and compliance.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s Degree from an accredited college/university during the duration of the internship. Internships are not intended for graduating seniors
- Experience training and facilitating
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Bachelors degree in Communication, Training, Human Resources, Organizational Development, or other Healthcare related degree
- Master’s degree in the following: Public Health or Healthcare Administration, training and development, organizational development, Communication
- Intended graduation date of May 2023 for undergraduate candidates
- Experience using learning management systems
- Work experience in ADDIE Adult Learning theory methodology (Needs Assessment, Design, Development, Implementation & Evaluation)
- Hands-on experience coordinating multiple training events in a corporate setting
- Background in EPIC EMR training
- Clinical background is a plus (as a medical assistant, patient care coordinator, nursing assistant, etc.)
- Proficiency in articulate or another e-learning authoring tool or platform
- Familiarity with traditional and modern job training methods and techniques
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Opportunities with Riverside Medical Group. Discover what it means to be part of a top-rated, premier medical practice with a deep commitment to serving its community for over 35 years. We’re also part of the best hospital system in New Jersey and one of the best 50 hospitals in the nation. Riverside Medical Group has over 25 locations in Northern New Jersey, and we deliver quality-focused care to patients of all ages. We recently became part of OptumCare - the health care delivery part of Optum, backed by the scale and resources of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies. Every day we provide the ultimate patient experience through round-the-clock access to health care teams, same day and walk-in appointments, as well as charitable giving and a foundation that supports scholarships and medical research. At Riverside, you’ll play an important role in helping people achieve optimal health, and that’s just the start. Learn more about career opportunities with Riverside Medical Group, where you can help change the world as you do your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.