Training and Development Specialist (R1560934-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Specialist, Training & Development
Summit West, S-12
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Training & Development Specialist is responsible for the successful implementation of the site Manufacturing Training Program. The Specialist assists in determining training solutions that adhere to the Site Training Program. This position trains other staff members, as well as assesses their ability to perform tasks proficiently. The Specialist may also perform cleanroom processing duties as a Manufacturing Associate as needed.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Requires a high level of understanding of cell therapy processes, controls, and GMP requirements.
- Intermediate sills in design, development, and implementation of training.
- Advanced skills in using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Requires a high level of organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate information clearly to facilitate effective learning. This position requires speaking in classroom settings.
- Requires strong interpersonal skills which enable appropriate collaboration with trainees, colleagues, and subject-matter experts.
- Ability to work in an aseptic environment requiring successful completion of qualification program.
Education and Experience:
- B.S. in Biology, Biochemical, Chemical, or Biomedical Engineering or related discipline with 3-5 years of relevant experience in a clinical laboratory or blood/cell culture processing environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implements training programs that meet regulatory requirements & business needs including:
- Works with the Manager to create a training and development plan to address production demands such that new hires become proficient operators and are contributing to processing stations in a timely fashion.
- Works with the Manager on an on-going basis to implement training goals and meet KPI’s.
- Conducts ILT and OJT sessions to ensure cleanroom operators are proficient.
- Provides feedback to trainees to ensure all skills / knowledge have been acquired and communicates any skill/knowledge gaps that require additional training.
- Solicits feedback from trainees to ensure the appropriateness of course content, and for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Collaborates with the Manager to ensure training is compliant and effective.
- Maintains accurate training documentation and employee record keeping.
- Seeks feedback from Department Management to assess training needs and to identify areas for continuous improvement.
- Develops course content and procedures including new SOPs, TRNs for manufacturing training programs as necessary.
- Collaborates with the Manager and Quality to identify trends which may require amendment to training programs.
- Develops / implements new course content as procedures change or as new techniques are introduced.
- Performs competency assessments of operators on an ongoing basis to ensure the knowledge/skills from training are continuously applied.
- Implements the local Manufacturing Operations new hire Training Program including:
- Promotes and exhibit core Celgene values in onboarding and training activities.
- Develops an on-the-job training schedule that accommodates individuals of various levels of experience and follows all regulatory and technical requirements.
- Performs administrative tasks such as scheduling training sessions, ordering training supplies, coordinating enrollment, and completing documentation.
- Conducts ITL/OJT structured trainings for new hires to introduce to aseptic processing and GMP space, and process training.
- Communicates with different departments to ensure new hires have access to all necessary systems and security.
- Maintains the training status of new hires and communicates progress to Department Management.
- Maintain the Training Laboratory and equipment for cleanliness and compliance.
- Complete room activity, maintenance, cleaning, and equipment usage logs (as required).
- Run daily calibration checks on equipment where appropriate and escalate deviations.
- Perform routine cleaning of laboratory areas and equipment.
- Ensure sufficient laboratory supplies for daily training activities.
- Manufacture clinical grade cellular therapeutic products to supply the Clinical Program (as needed):
- Execute/Implement batch records in ISO 7 & 8 clean room environments.
- Observe, practice, and promote all aspects of the GMP & GDP requirements.
- Complete and maintain aseptic processing and sterile gowning qualifications.
- Communicate with Quality Control to ensure proper handoff of process samples.
- Interact with Supply Chain, Facilities, and Development as needed to ensure smooth operation, and escalate any issues involving safety or product quality up the appropriate channels.
- Collaborate with members of internal teams to drive process improvements and assist with implementation of changes by utilizing quality systems.
- Reports and initiates non-conformances and participates in follow up investigation when necessary.
- Performs all other duties as required.
WORKING CONDITIONS (US Only):
Ability to perform frequent physical tasks with strength and mobility. Daily tasks call for extensive walking, standing and occasional lifting of heavy materials. Frequent visual demands require macroscopic and microscopic observations.
Employees must work in areas where posted Universal Precautions must be observed and practiced. Associates work daily with potentially harmful and/or hazardous agents including asphyxiating gases (nitrogen), potentially carcinogenic and/or inflammable chemical reagents and sharps.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. The primary duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. There are other duties and responsibilities that are considered incidental or secondary to the overall purpose of this job. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.