Subject Matter Expert II - Training
Work Where it Matters
Akima Infrastructure Services (AIS), an Akima company, is not just another staffing contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At AIS, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders , AIS provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers , AIS supports vital missions with the most in-demand and specialized skill sets in the world.
As an AIS employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
Akima Infrastructure Services currently seeking a Training Developer IV to support the WIPP contract in Carlsbad NM
Job Responsibilities :
- Responsible for developing training that includes training Operations, Engineering, and Nuclear Safety personnel on changes being made to the customer Safety Basis documents.
- Participate as reviewers to the Documented Safety Analysis and Technical Safety Requirements revisions, develop training material, and train personnel.
- Initial participation can be performed primarily from a remote location; however, during training material development these individuals will be required to perform their activities at least 50 % of the time from the customer site.
- Designs and develops training programs, courses, or other instructional materials or educational tools.
- Designs learning solutions targeted at employees, students, or customers.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts to ensure that content is accurate and thorough.
- Utilizes multiple formats, including print, audio, visual, and multimedia, and selects the appropriate format for the target audience or content.
- Evaluates the results of training programs and modifies future programs to better meet training goals.
- Performs work with a high degree of latitude. Handles the most complex issues. Possesses expert knowledge of subject matter.
- They are recognized for achievements and expertise in the specific industry or subject matter.
- Coordinates and manages the preparation of analyses, evaluations and recommendations for programs and system specifications.
- Typical duties include defining issues and develops plans and requirements, acting as consultant and advisor, and assisting in technology research and problem resolution.
- Education: Bachelor of Science Degree or Equivalent
- Experience: 10 years of directly relevant experience or equivalent.
- Education may substitute for experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Job: Education & Training
Clearance: Not Applicable
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: AIS00548