Language Instructor ( R-00070287 )
LEIDOS is looking for a full time Instructors for the following languages: Russian, Farsi, Chinese, Spanish,German
- Customer has an immediate linguist requirement for foreign language instructors with the required teaching experience and adult learning methodology.
- Customer requires the services of contract language instructors with native-like speaking skills in the foreign language to work 40 hours a week spending approximately 20 hours of teaching and 20 hours of lesson development, student assessment and testing.
- The contract linguist instructor(s) shall have strong foreign language skills and will work under direction of experienced senior trained instructors.
- Instructors will be expected to teach a proficiency course (0-2) to include, reading, writing and speaking, correct grammar, vocabulary, as well as proper punctuation.
- It is also important that candidates are familiar with current events in the countries where the foreign languages are spoken.
- Once on the program, contract linguist instructors are required to receive specific sponsor training focusing on foreign language teaching and foreign language testing in order to become certified according to Sponsor standards.
Language Testing Requirements:
- All candidates will be required to take and pass the foreign language test administered by LEIDOS/ accepted commercial testing vendors (3 hours standard translation test).
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Leidos will sponsor security clearance that is required for this program.
- No clearance is required to apply to the job.
- After passing the required tests, we will sponsor and upgrade your security clearance.
- BA/BS in education, foreign language, linguistics and/or 8+ years of related work experience
- BA in other majors with the required language teaching experience will also be considered.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.