Instructor Training - Welding
- Req ID: [[id]]
- Department: [[filter6]]
- Job Type: [[jobLevel]]
- Position Type: [[relocationPack]]
- Location: [[filter3]], [[filter2]]
- Country: [[filter1]]
- % of Travel: [[travel]]
- # of Positions: [[numberOpenings]]
- Job Available to: [[jobAvailable]]
- Deadline to apply: [[closeDate]]
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP. For more on our purpose, culture, and strategy, visit cpr.ca/en/about-cp.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The instructor is responsible for conducting arc welding training for the Mechanical and Engineering department at the Toronto Welding Schools. The position will coordinate requests and scheduling, as well as the execution of the training at the assigned location. This includes classroom and practical instruction, as well as certification of trainees.
As an instructor you will oversee their assigned schools, including maintaining the schools and consumables.
In addition, the instructor will conduct audits of the execution of hot work (i.e., welding, grinding, and torch cutting) and its equipment. You will identify, execute improvements, track improvements, and maintain up-to-date understanding of the state of industry technology and regulations.The instructor will also be responsible to ensure training results are entered into the Learning Management System (LMS), accountable to the Manager, Technical Training and may perform performance assessments and validations, as required.
- Manage projects, school, consumables, and administrative duties as assigned
- Improve, develop, and perform regular audits, around hot work courses and equipment to maintain standards
- Coordinate training requests and lead program facilitation and program delivery
- Ensure compliance with policies and regulations for both Canadian and US operations
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of the state of industry technology
- Schedule and deliver training for client group in support of the business strategies and performance improvement targets for Operations
- Administer courses and programs as well as examinations to participants
- Identify course revisions based on policy or procedure changes
- Assist in the development of training plans and to deliver training as identified in training curriculum
- Accountable to enter training records into LMS for courses provided to client groups
- Deal with emerging training issues and provide technical support for client groups
- Act in a support role for field managers, new hire employees and evaluate on the job performance of trainees
- Ensure confidentiality of all classes and employees results.
- High school or equivalent with post-secondary education preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of welding experience. Experience in railway, training, and auditing/quality assurance is preferred.
- American welding Society (AWS ) or equivalent is an asset
- Outstanding teaching, auditing safety and problem-solving skills is an asset
- Must hold a valid driver license.
- Understanding of adult education principles and leadership in safety
- Basic understanding of instructional design process
- In-depth knowledge of Learning management system (LMS system) and Microsoft office (power point, word, excel)
- Must be capable of interacting with people in different client groups and union and able to apply business acumen to area of accountability
- Self-starter and able to work independently
- Strong presentation, management, facilitation, written and verbal communication skills.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
- Part-time Studies Program
- Flexible Work Environment
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
- Driver’s License Verification
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").
CP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, inclusive of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.