Class A CDL - CDL Apprenticeship Training (CAT) Tanker Driver Instructor
Green Bay, WI
Home time: Daily
Job ID: 220986
- Be accountable for coaching, mentoring and on-boarding new tanker driver associates while they are in training.
- Be responsible for teaching and evaluating the skills needed to be successful driver associates.
- Perform hands-on training both in the classroom and in the truck.
- Cover critical components of training, including safety, hours of service, trip-planning, workflow, tablet, policies and procedures.
- Act as a safety advocate and driver retention ambassador for the organization.
- Prepare new drivers for a safe and rewarding career with Schneider.
- Demonstrate and teach driving skills and techniques that align with Schneider Training Academy guidelines and training materials.
- Facilitate on the job, in-truck training on the electronic tablet and Schneider’s workflow system.
- Recognize and correct unsafe driving habits.
- Provide verbal and written feedback and suggestions for improvement.
- Evaluate and provide updates on candidates who are not meeting expected levels of ability within set timelines.
- Complete annual Schneider instructor re-certification process and continually meet DOT requirements.
- Utilize and assign electronic computer-based training to driver students.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, and the scope of the job may change based on business demands, which could include hauling freight as needed.
- Exhibit professional behavior that aligns with Schneider values and standards.
Pay and bonus potential
- Competitive starting annual salary.
- Bi-monthly paychecks.
- Annual profit-sharing bonuses available.
- Paid vacation time available immediately after starting.
- Previous instructor/training experience preferred.
- Ability to coach and mentor effectively in a team environment.
- Can demonstrate a positive, professional attitude and the ability and willingness to accept change.
- Ability to learn, demonstrate and train Schneider’s company policies and procedures.
- Experience with Word, Excel and other computer-based systems is a plus.
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- DOT physical card.
- Minimum 2 years of Class A driving experience.
- Previous tanker driving and instructor/training experience preferred.
- Tanker endorsement required at time of hire.
- HazMat endorsement required after starting — Schneider’s self-paced online certification training will help you secure it.
- Follow and have a knowledge of company policies.
- Ability to coach and mentor effectively.
- Live within 50 miles of Green Bay, WI.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible spending options.
- Company-paid life insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company match.
- Leading equipment and technology specs designed for driver comfort.
More reasons to choose Schneider
- Resilient, values-based culture that drives safety first and always, integrity in every action, respect for all and excellence in all we do.
- Individual development opportunities through company-paid training, active leadership involvement and more than 170 online personal development courses.
Hear more about this role from our Driver Instructors
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, ability, medical condition, veteran or military status, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization's success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Job Company Driver
Sign On Bonus