Work Where it Matters
LDRM, a joint venture comprised of Lockwood Hills Federal, an Akima company, and DTSV, is not just another technical support contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At LDRM, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders, LDRM provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers , LDRM provides technical, operational, and administrative support services to federal agencies, including Department of State and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
As an LDRM employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
This is an on-site role with work-from-home flexibility. Training is in person, on-site for a period of approximately 6 weeks. Operational needs and our telework policy will determine your work location. Your presence may also be required in the office for additional trainings and meetings, or to resolve badge issues. Any additional remedial training and/or supervision will be held in-office at the National Visa Center.
Please Note: You must live within 90 miles of the National Visa Center.
As a Training Specialist, you are responsible for educating all current and future employees on the Visa Processing procedures by creating instructional programs, training plans, and by assigning additional course requirements. You will teach training curriculum topics with engaging lesson plans and examples of real-world applications. You are also responsible for gauging the students’ performance by creating and grading assignments, and by submitting recommended curriculum updates as needed. You will have ownership of government-mandated training as well as annual company requirements. You will work Monday through Friday on either the day or evening shift, depending upon training needs. This role is eligible for an annual, performance-based bonus of up to $5,000!
What you will do as a Training Specialist:
- You will conduct classroom training courses, on-the-job training, and continual refresher and update trainings
- You will create learning assessments and assignments, syllabi, and instructional programs
- You will edit and modify the training curriculum and lesson plans as needed
- You will gauge the employees’ readiness to apply knowledge success as well as gauge their success in their roles
- You will employ appropriate and engaging teaching methods
- You are responsible for diligent and ethical record keeping
- You will collaborate with management to determine areas in which training is required
- You will use Microsoft Office suite to enhance every student’s learning experience
- You will adjust your training content based on changes in company and government regulation
- You are expected to meet or exceed deadlines, goals, and the company-provided metrics
- Associate’s degree and two (2) years of relative experience, or Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word and Power Point
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Proven ability to interpret and use the applicable documents described in the Statement of Work
- You should demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills, and be able to use them to draft effective trainings and presentations, communicate with customers, and to disseminate information to a wide audience
- Show a strong attention to detail to successfully maintain detailed records, and understand and evaluate trends
- Have exceptionally strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and as a member of the team to effectively interact with our people and our customers at all levels
- You must successfully complete a credit and criminal background check and be able to obtain a federal SECRET-level security clearance.
At LDRM, honesty and integrity govern our activities. We fulfill our commitments, and we treat everyone with dignity and respect. As an Alaskan Native company, our mission is to improve the quality of life for our shareholders and our people by maximizing economic growth, protecting and enhancing our environment, and by promoting healthy communities with decisions, actions, and behaviors consistent with our core principles.
Help us do more - apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contract information).
Job: Business Administration
Organization: Lockwood Hills Federal, LLC
Work Type: Hybrid
Req ID: LOC01158