Portfolio Engineer (50244)
FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers’ lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to integrity, safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of more than 3,500 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with FirstEnergy Service Co., a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. [FEU]
The Transmission Capital Portfolio Team is tasked with the identification, on-boarding, tracking, and prioritization of transmission capital projects in the five-year portfolio. This team identifies capital projects based on operational and / or regulatory needs and works with a variety of internal and external FirstEnergy resources to forecast the various components that comprise the capital portfolio (i.e. material identification, budget / estimate forecasting, resource identification and forecasting, outage management, etc.). The team focuses on active transmission projects and the management of the projects’ finances, scopes, and in-service dates. The team also addresses emergent project work to ensure the active portfolios remain on budget and schedule.
- Supporting development of the capital portfolio (5-year portfolio) and aiding with oversight by performing financial analysis, evaluation, and ad-hoc support as necessary.
- Initiating, recommending, and assisting in the development of the capital portfolio for reliability related projects. Supporting the project prioritization and presentation efforts for FET.
- Performing strategic research and data mining to support Portfolio analysis and reporting
- Supporting the preparation and development of strategic content and messaging for internal and external audiences, including presentation development for senior leadership.
- Interfacing with stakeholders to coordinate efforts to meet overall portfolio goals and supporting budgeting/forecasting and rates filing timelines
- Providing excellent customer service through timely and accurate information, analysis, and reporting.
- Managing the current year portfolio and the emergent projects entering the portfolio.
- Maintaining relative priority of projects to accommodate off-budget cycle requests.
- Demonstrating a questioning attitude while also maintaining complete commitment to the overall success of the team.
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in Engineering, Electrical, Mechanical or Civil preferred (ie: BSEE, BSME, BSCE) from an ABET accredited institution is required. In lieu of a degree, a Professional Engineer’s (PE) License is required.
- A Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) Certificate is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 (three) years of Engineering experience is required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools including Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Word is required.
- Knowledge of Qlikview reporting and SAP data mining is required.
- Basic researching skills required.
- Exceptionally strong communication skills is required.
- Desire to continue to learn and grow, work across FirstEnergy, and deliver results is required.
- Ability to deliver high quality and accurate work within established deadlines is required.
- Self-motivated, self-starter, customer focused, and results oriented.
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team