Principal Engineer System Architecture ( 593477-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Verizon (GSC) Global Supply Chain’s BSAI (Business, Systems, Analytics & Intelligence) team requires a forward inventory management (IM) and third party logistics (3PL) vendor functional lead to monitor GSC systems (legacy/Enterprise Resource Planning [ERP] within SAP) production stability. In this role, you will identify and facilitate resolution strategies for systems issues impacting Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) within the SAP Forward Inventory Management functions and within Verizon’s 3PL warehouse management systems (WMS).
This is a strategic position responsible for facilitating stakeholder root cause analysis and reconciliation approaches with business and IT teams (Verizon & 3PL’s). Incumbent will develop solutions, workarounds, and ensure testing and fix strategies mitigate risk within GSC systems and align with Verizon (i.e. point of sale, digital, customer service, etc.) and 3PL systems architecture. Ensures reconciliation across order drop, ship confirmations, delivery reconciliation and interface stability with orchestration between legacy/SAP, Middleware and 3PL systems. Partner with BSAI production peers and stakeholders to align and refine 3PL Fix IT Reporting (Order Fallout), VCG (Trade) and Indirect strategies (process & technology) ensuring consistent order resolutions. You will lead business continuity and critical outage support (Verizon & 3PL’s) including collaboration with executive leadership on status updates, root cause analysis, reconciliation and future maturity evolution strategies/solutions to stabilize production environments. You will also provide production support ensuring transactional stability 24/7 for wSAP ERP and within Verizon’s 3PL WMS.
You will be responsible for developing key relationships and strategies with 3PL vendors, business operations subject matter experts and leadership within and outside his/her own organization. This role requires you to partner with project stakeholders to ensure programs develop production steady state support models for new architecture in advance to drive change management and adoption. This role will evolve into having direct report/s, and you will be required to lead a team (direct and/or indirect reports) within the Supply Chain in addition to guiding stakeholders to resolve issues.
- Monitor production GSC systems for issues/outages (legacy/SAP), provide incident management (AYS, defects, tickets, test & Fix It, mapping of 3PL processes), respond to requests from end-users, analyze and respond to end-users with a solution or escalate to other IT teams as required.
- Develop and maintain production support structure to enable efficient troubleshooting techniques and timely communication to internal/external customers (legacy/SAP).
- Develop architecture & process flows to define enterprise ERP and legacy systems internal and external to the supply chain; utilize architectures to isolate problems and implement fixes.
- Guide internal/external stakeholder Operations and IT, Verizon / 3PL teams to root cause production issues end to end throughout the global supply chain systems and process architecture.
- Ensure transparent communications with executives on production outage resolutions and provide updates through closure.
- Develop/lead testing and defect resolution governance strategies; hold all stakeholder teams accountable for deliverables; Lead/drive testing for fixes and solutions, stabilize the production environment.
- Develop, Track and report metrics for production support Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s); create metrics as needed to measure resolution progress and to validate systems stability.
- Develop/execute real-time disaster recovery strategies leveraging process & system capabilities in order to maintain services levels.
- Provide domain expertise in process and technical support for GSC systems (legacy/SAP).
- Represent forward IM & 3PL team on production issues and outages including support bridges, command centers, on call, etc. (On/Off hours).
- Conduct root cause analysis, analyze/mitigate IDOC, error rate abnormalities, identify fixes (short and/or long term), improvement and alignment opportunities.
- Foster collaboration between Supply Chain leads, internal/external partners , stakeholders, Verizon IT and 3PL vendors.
- Validate E2E business processes, org. & architecture designs, SC Tools and supply chain functional areas and upstream/downstream processes & apps.
- Conduct clean ups with both internal/external partners including tracking fall out, iDOCs, defects assigned, financial adjustments, testing, and support maintenance to mitigate customer impact.
- Lead/meet annual disaster recovery and business continuity requirements for Verizon and our 3PL partners effectively and on schedule.
- Enforce Business Continuity (BC), SOX & Compliance, meet timelines for governance, keep up to date and applicable to current business circumstances.
- Organize internal and external partners to deliver evidence for audits (as required); ensure closure by deliverable dates.
- Facilitate corporate and cyber security governance, drive simplified governance strategies (i.e. testing, defect management, communications, hyper-care, etc.)
Where you'll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Five or more years SAP SCM (Supply Chain Management) experience with Material Management (MM), Sales & Distribution (SD), etc. and understanding how Middleware works.
- Vendor management experience with understanding of warehouse operations and Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) (i.e. 3PL WMS, Manhattan, etc.)
- Experience leading enterprise wide program implementations in Supply Chain and Warehouse integrations.
- People management experience.
- Background in systems such as JIRA, ALM, VISIO, Project and/or Smartsheets.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Even better if you have:
- Ability to quantify results leveraging data, tools & synergy opportunities to develop strategies & solutions to deliver.
- Executive presentation skills, proven ability to develop strategic content in technical and non-technical formats and present to all levels of management.
- Proven development and delivery of leadership communications via Excel, Access and PowerPoint, experience in public speaking.
- Deep knowledge of Supply Chain IT systems (3PL WMS’s, wSAP, nSAP, vSAP, ITTS, etc.)
- Knowledge of VAST-APM (enterprise portfolio management system for applications used by Verizon).
- Ability to define and lead governance strategies and steady state activities.
- G-Suite experience.
- Experience in telecom, high tech, or other large scale manufacturing or service industries.
- Proven ability at engaging and influencing teams (internal/external) and functional leaders.
- Works independently, efficiently and effectively under extreme time constraints delivering results by critical deadlines.
- Shows initiative, anticipates and prepares for upcoming situations, takes advantage of opportunities, acts quickly and decisively, addresses issues before they become problems.
- Ability to hold team members accountable, set clear performance standards, resolve performance issues, and keep teams engaged and on task.
- Experience in public speaking at an executive level.
- Project management expertise leading enterprise-wide project and program implementation.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).