Reliability Engineer (50324)
FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers’ lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to safety, reliability, and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,500 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of 3,780 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with Cleveland Electric Company, a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp.
This position to be filled in Brecksville, OH
- Working safely in a variety of electric utility settings and following all Accident Prevention Handbook (APH) work practices.
- Demonstrating a solid commitment to all aspects of safety, with maturity to exercise independent judgment on complex projects and assignments.
- Maintaining a safe workplace for coworkers and the community based upon knowledge of potential hazards and industry regulations and requirements.
- Providing a high level of service, continuous support, and proactive involvement regarding technical subject matter to leadership and peers.
- Using standard planning and reliability tools, including power quality software, AcSELerator, Cooper ProView, GIS, EMS, MJXplorer, and PowerOn to develop solutions to capacity and reliability issues.
- Providing prompt technical support and analysis to the distribution control center (DCC) during major customer outage events.
- Performing reliability analysis studies, querying reliability data, and preparing detailed internal and external reports for management and the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO)
- Investigating and answering customer inquiries regarding service quality and reliability.
- Preparing cost estimates, schedules, and justification for system improvement projects.
- Assisting with required training programs pertaining to data quality, outage reporting, and reliability analysis.
- Performing and/or providing technical support to complete power quality and radio interference studies as needed.
- Supporting storm response as a storm analyst, hazard dispatcher, or as assigned.
- Working overtime to support storm efforts or other special projects as business needs require.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited institution along with a minimum of three (3) years of Engineering experience Required. Advanced degree considered a plus. In lieu of a degree, a Professional Engineer’s (PE) License is required.
- Successful completion of the FE exam considered a plus.
- Understanding of electrical engineering and utility power system concepts with ability to learn new complex electrical topics quickly.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on understandable and clear technical writing and presentation skills.
- Possess strong knowledge, maturity, and decision-making skills regarding electrical problems and analyzing complex information.
- Detail-oriented, accurate, and able to understand and interpret complex technical information.
- Solid computer skills with competency in Microsoft Office products (particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), along with a working knowledge of CAD and GIS software systems.
- Computer programming ability (including SQL) considered a plus.
- Ability to work both independently and in team environments.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Self-motivated and a self-starter, customer focused, results oriented and a team player.
- Demonstrate a questioning attitude and desire to continue to learn, produce results, and develop relationships with other departments and customers.
- Deliver quality, accurate work within established deadlines.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license.
- Willing and able to travel throughout the service territory periodically, and willing to work extra and/or irregular hours during unusual circumstances (e.g. storm restoration efforts).
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team