Senior Engineer -Transport Engineering ( 599797-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You will perform detailed equipment engineering for our Domestic US Intelligent Edge Network (iEN), Unified Transport Core network. You will engineer and manage the creation of Detail Engineering Designs for technologies associated with our Core networks including: Multi-Service Edge (MSE), Core, Transit Label and gateway routers; core network Ethernet switches & servers, and the supporting host of network ancillary and infrastructure equipment. In addition to this you will be researching network configurations for available paths to support optimum bandwidth for current and future network requirements. You will leverage design, red line and as built documentation to achieve key objectives. Your work will entail extensive engagement in CCP, Vbuild, FIM, TIRKS, CoFEE/Canvas.
- Engineer detailed, often complex, technical instructions for new and existing technologies; specify and order equipment/cables/hardware.
- Coordinate/project manage project specific installation designs and physical installations.
- Engineer/manage database (ICON, CoFEE, and Nautilus) updates, equipment configurations, card/port assignments/requirements, power mapping, cable running lists, floor space and rack placement, and detailed Bill of Material (BOM).
- Coordinate and drive engineering issues to resolution.
- Circuit design utilizing TIRKS (Trunk Integrated Record Keeping System)
- Interface with Operations and other Implementation organizations to obtain critical pre-engineering information, site specific data as well as redlines and other end of job information.
- Perform detailed design in GIS based systems.
- Perform design within allocated budgets and time frames
- Leading large-scale complex projects.
- Managing vendor relationships.
- Participate in developing process improvement concepts.
- Internal and external customer-facing meetings to resolve outside plant issues.
- Research, decommission & rearrange legacy network equipment.
- Assist and support peers with complex design and equipment configurations
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelors degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with engineering, Planning, and/or Operations knowledge, especially with OSP
- Willing to travel up to 25%of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree with focus in the area of engineering or another technical discipline.
- Four or more years of experience in telecom with equipment engineering experience in an outside plant environment.
- Ability to be highly motivated, work independently, customer focused with organizational and leadership skills to push all projects to completion.
- Abilities with conflict resolution, facilitation, solution-driven analysis, strong communication and project methodology skills.
- Knowledge of telecom networks and related equipment.
- Excellent Excel, Word and other Microsoft application skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).