Dist Engineer-Data Engineering ( 601186-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Dist Engr-Data Engineeringwill be part of the FPAS Data Governance Organization which will be responsible to deliver high quality enterprise Data quality and governance solutions. You will play a critical part in enabling key programs for Wireline/wireless customers. You will collaborate with global teams to deliver strategic data governance programs end to end for Verizon Customer/Business segment. You will also be getting an opportunity to work on transformation programs.
- Will be responsible for data profiling analysis, superior design of generic, rules driven data quality platform architectures as well data visualization components to support data stewards and data governance processes and procedures.
- Partner with data stewards to provide summary results of data quality analysis, which will be used to make decisions regarding how to measure business rules and quality of the data
- Creation the analysis document , high level design ,procedures within the data quality applications.
- Profile the project source data, define or confirm the definition of the metadata, cleanse and accurately check the project data
- Work with Stakeholders (Data Stewards, Data domains) to understand data quality opportunities in different domains. As a point of contact, collaborate with existing /new data teams
- Hands on IDQ Analyst, IDQ Developer and the IDQ admin tool. Experience working with larger data sets in heterogeneous environment.
- Fair knowledge about GCP/ Big Query / Teradata/ SAP.
- Support establishing Standards of Best Practice and Support the establish DQ CoE Practice & Enterprise data governance framework
- Guide team members by offering training and support, advice and best practices recommendations throughout the project
Where you’ll be working:
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of experience.
- Six or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience in Enterprise DQ solutions like Informatica IDQ, Open source Data Quality solution, cloud, and big data quality solutions
- Experience in DQ associated challenges involved with data analysis, certification, profiling , modeling, andquality improvement
- Experience in entire data management landscape and deep understanding of core data quality design
- Experience in data engineering and data enablement.
- Experience in ETL in Teradata.
- Experience in managing Patterns and the associated challenges involved with data analysis, certification, modeling, quality improvement.
- Experience in Supporting to Automate the data quality framework using devops technology eg-,CI/CD,Jira,GitLab, Jenkins.
- Experience in End to End Data Quality Implementation for large scale data Projects.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Experience in IBM/Informatica,MDM experience in the areas of MDM Strategy, Architecture, data modeling, Design, Integration, Data Quality and Data Governance.
- Knowledge to connect the unstructured /Cloud native data to MDM.
- Oral and written communication skills along with ability to create visual presentations of new ideas/status.
- Knowledge of SDLC, Agile, Waterfall, etc. delivery models.
- Telecommunications domain knowledge
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and manage multiple projects with strong attention to detail
- Technical knowledge around Teradata, Big Data and Cloud Platform based development.
- Experience in defining new architectures and ability to drive an independent project from an architectural standpoint.
- Analytical skills and ability to go deep on technology trends and architectural questions.
- Critical thinking and written / verbal communication.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).