Product Engineering Principal Engineer - Telecommute (107351445)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Payment Integrity (PI) Products identify claims and claim patterns that indicate potential for overpayments, fraud, waste or abuse using advanced analytics and predictive models and support investigation and decisioning of the identified claims. This results in payment accuracy in healthcare claims, reduced healthcare costs and ultimately helps people live healthier lives
This position is for Principal Engineer next generation Claim Audit Platform (CAP) for multiple Payment Integrity (PI) value streams in Azure leveraging distributed and microservices architecture. As a principal software engineer your role will be to evangelize, influence and implement the technology strategy for CAP. You will focus on the biggest needs across the organization and develop reusable components, patterns, and tooling to address them. You will influence org behaviors, through code reviews, tech talks, and hands on design sessions. You will partner with delivery teams to uphold and negotiate common standards. In addition to your technical responsibilities, you will partner with business delivery leadership to conceptualize solutions that meet their complex needs.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, monitor, maintain, and continuously improve software
- Translate product concepts into project commitments that deliver incremental value to our customers frequently and with high quality
- Focus on the biggest needs across the organization and develop reusable components, patterns and tooling to address them.
- Actively mentor the engineering team through code reviews, tech talks, and hands on design sessions.
- Adapt to and remain effective in a changing environment
- Evangelize and uphold our engineering values of Always be shipping, Outcome Obsession, Constant Vigilance (against threats and downtime), Simplification (of our technology landscape), and Software as a Team Sport
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in applicable area of expertise or equivalent experience
- Excellent understanding of engineering fundamentals: testing automation, code reviews, telemetry, iterative delivery and DevOps
- Experience working with the following: continuous integration & continuous delivery tools, REST API development, serverless architecture, containerization, IaC, public / private cloud, application observability and/or messaging / stream architecture
- Experience with polyglot storage architectures including relational, columnar, key-value, graph or equivalent
- Experience delivering applications using componentized and distributed architectures
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical, globally distributed audiences
- Solid foundations in formal architecture, design patterns and best practices
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.