Engineer - Planning & Protection (56064)
FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers’ lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to integrity, safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of more than 3,500 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with MonPower a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp [MP].
- Working safely in a variety of electric utility settings and follow all APH work practices
- Providing a high level of service, continuous support, and proactive involvement surrounding technical subject matter to leadership and peers, using standard planning and protection tools, including CYME, CYMTCC, LFDMS, GISVIEW, PI Data, and EMS
- Continually monitoring system loading; supporting dispatch operations during switching
- Reviewing and approving circuit modifications
- Ensuring adherence to the Distribution System Planning Criteria
- Participating in the development and presentation of the yearly Capital Portfolio process
- Conducting technical research and analysis and interpreting results; assisting in implementation activities
- Maintaining a safe workplace for coworkers and the community based upon knowledge of potential hazards and industry regulations and requirements
- Contributing to solutions by taking initiative to develop alternatives and recommendations
- Offering ideas and suggestions to improve moderately complex technical processes and/or projects
- Providing sound customer service by exceeding customer needs
- Actively seeking ways to build challenge and add value within scope of assignments
- Consistently anticipating and delivering results on a variety of job-specific subject matters
- Providing advice, education, and encouragement to others
- Supporting the emergency response process
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an ABET-accredited school is required. Electronic(s) Engineering Technology degree requires a PE license to meet position requirements.
- Possess a sound knowledge of various researching techniques
- Intermediate level analytical and technical abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills; including the ability to make formal technical presentations to various levels of management
- Demonstrate a questioning attitude to continue to learn, produce results, and strengthen existing
- Deliver quality, accurate work within established deadlines
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team